𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧

I LEAN OVER THE RAILING WATCHING OVER INTO THE DISTANCE

"it's locked. gonna need something heavy, something sharp or both." kayla informs us leaning onto the bar next to me squinting her eyes at the sky as do i.

"thats definitely not meant to happen right..?" i say "that... can't be right." kayla agrees watching as the swarm of locusts fill the sky replacing the stars. dinosaurs screech in pain as trees fall down.

IAN GUIDES US TO THE CAR HE ARRIVED IN.
ellie's arm still wrapped around me leading me to the passenger seat while she joins alan and maisie in the back. ian reverses from the area he was in before and follows the path until a swarm of locusts catch our eye.

"is that...?" i ponder

"oh, no."

"oh, my god." ellie mutters

we look above us at the sky watching them flood the area.
"he's burning the evidence." ellie concludes

a locust suddenly lands on top of the car ashes flying everywhere.

"christ."

"oh, my god. oh, my god!" ellie mumbles

"oh, my... ew!"

"that's bananas." ian says out of the blue before he snaps into reality driving at max speed through the biosyn forest. one lands on the front window causing ian to turn the other way and loses track of where he's going. the car comes to a halt and then begins to tilt. everyone remains silent and ellie focuses her gaze on ian.
"oh, my god."

"i- i-  i know this may seem precarious, but... no, we're- we're teetering." ian warns us slowly

"holy shit." i mutter in slight panic

"should we all lean to the left or something?" maisie suggests

"that's very constructive. thank you, maisie" he responds as maisie's  lips press together

"yeah... slow. slow." ellie instructs as we all begin to lean "slow."

"yay." ian celebrates "we're fine. see this?" ellie hums in agreement "this is fine." she hums again however he spoke too soon as the care tilts even further to the left causing us to fall down the cliff.
screams erupt in my ears as we go flying down rolling and rolling until we landing upside down.

"oh, my fucking god." i whisper trying not to let maisie hear me. ellie's cries fill the area.

"alan!" and she repeats his name again

"how is everybody?" ian asks us

"somewhat okay considering i usually throw up after this kind of stuff." i respond to him