Author's Note & Epigraph

Hello! And welcome to my story for ONC 2023!

(I realize that I should have published this before the first chapter, but I got way too excited, alright?)

Not only is this my first time participating in ONC, it's also my first time diving into the fantasy genre, as well as my first time writing an original story that's longer than 15,000 words. Aka, my first original work that's not a short story. And I'm so excited for it!

My main prompt is prompt #15: Three women. Three secrets. Three tangled lives.

I'll also be using a secondary prompt, #49: "Master the rules of the game until you can play it better than they can." Michael Scott, "The Sorceress."

Please note that this is my original work. Do not translate, copy, and/or post this anywhere else. That goes against copyright laws, and is therefore illegal. Thank you! 

I cannot express how eager I am to explore what Rani, Maliha, and Rija have in store for all of us!

Good luck, all ONC participants! And, with that said, let's dive right into it!

* * * * *

Map created with Inkarnate

(This map is a first draft, and it's also my first time using Inkarnate

(This map is a first draft, and it's also my first time using Inkarnate. I may change and/or update this map in the future, especially as more cities are mentioned. Don't be surprised!)

* * * * *

Epigraph (Quote of the book)

"Checking the casing, shaking and pacing
This is the tunnel's light
Blood in the writing, stuck in the fighting
Look through the rifle's sight"

- "Ready Aim Fire", by Imagine Dragons