Author's Note

Hello! If you're reading this, thank you for being here - I appreciate each and every person who decided to give my story a shot.

I'm sure you'll guess why I'm writing this, so let me just tell you: I'm not going to make the 20,000 word count goal for ONC. It's literally the last day, and while I have several chapters typed up that just have to be edited, it's not enough. 

I could make up a million and one excuses for this - primarily, my school work, which is basically consuming my life right now. Band is another big one. But I'd be a liar if I said the fault isn't mainly my own - after all, other writers have commitments too, and they managed to finish their stories. I didn't plan my writing schedule well enough, and definitely underestimated just how busy this time of year would be for me. 

If I had started writing and editing yesterday and really pushed myself, I probably could have made the word count. I made the decision not to do that, though. Don't get me wrong - the choice was a difficult one. But my first AP exam is in three days, and my next in eleven. I have at least three major projects and a dozen worksheets due in the next two weeks. I'm choosing to prioritize my future over this competition, which, although it means a great deal to me, will come again next year. And I hope that's a decision that everyone can understand.

I'm honestly really disappointed with myself - 20,000 words really isn't a lot to ask, especially over 3 entire months. I think I'll try to participate again next year, but that's not a guarantee - my course work will be even more rigorous.

One thing I can promise, though, is that I won't be abandoning this story. I've fallen in love with these characters (as I've probably mentioned), and their story isn't anywhere close to over. I just might not be able to update frequently, while I cram for my exams then try to recover from a stress-induced coma. But they will be back. I give you my word, and fortunately, nobody's life is depending on it this time! :D

See you next time!

- Heetal