Chapter 12

(AN: hey guys!! Sorry for the really late chapters. I hope this is enough for a while so that I can try to write a bit more and maybe get an archive going. Things have been crazy but it was really nice to write again. All of your amazing comments really keep me going.)

"The Revive-Revive fruit?" Nami asked now sitting at the wooden dining table in the kitchen with everyone else.

"The Revive-Revive fruit...." Brook starts before slurping his tea, "...allows a person to be reanimated after they have died. Even among devil fruit powers, the ability to live two lives is indeed strange." He finished cheerfully.

"SO YOU'RE A REVIVE MAN!!" Luffy and Chopper yelled in united excitement.

"I guess I should tell you the rest of my story and the second tragedy I was forced to face." Brook woefully suggested.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Brook screamed in horror.

"What?? What's wrong you're freaking out!" Sanji lightly yelled checking in the stranger. (Y/n) took notice of the care in his voice despite the obvious distain for the skeleton.

"A G-g-gho-ost!!!" Brook pointed out with his finger toward the wall opposite the door behind him.

A translucent, white figure with long cylindrical arms, round head, and simple face entered the kitchen through the wall that was previously pointed at.

"AHH!! HE'S RIGHT!! Get out!!!!" Chopper yelled out in panic. Zoro moved his hands onto the sheath of his swords once he noticed the intruder.

"This is so cool" Luffy exclaimed bouncing up and down in excitement.

"It's leaving" Zoro chimed, hands still ready to release his weapons.

The ship began to rattle and rumble, the plates previously emptied clattered and bounced together. Brook ran outside onto the deck in fear.

"No, it can't be!" Brook exclaimed. In front of him laid an eerie atmosphere complete with gothic ruins, rot iron gates, eroded grave stones, a dark, intimidating forest, and an intense, hazy fog that left a purple hue across the expanding scene.

"It can't be what??" (Y/n) asked while making her way out of the kitchen. The rest of the straw hats followed suit. Luffy and Chopper jumped onto the railing of The Sunny. While the rest of the crew including yourself filed along the deck to take in the new environment.

"What in the world is that?" Nami questioned. Worry is etched on everyone's face.

"Where the heck did that creepy Island come from?" Luffy asked wearily.

Broom answered. " This is the ghost island that wonders throughout these seas. It is called Thriller Bark."

"I must take my leave now..." Brook chimed while turning around, grabbing his cane from the table and marched his way across the room through the door on the opposite wall and jumping onto his ship. "I have some buisness to attend to, you much leave immediately. No matter what you do you must not anchor here. It truly was a pleasure meeting all of you today."

"Hey!!! What a jump!!" Sanji exclaimed while you all chased after him, stopping at the railing of The Sunny.

"I won't forget your kindness so long as I live!!" Brook yelled across to you all on the other ship. "Farewell!! I hope we meet again on the high seas!!" He finished.

"Hey Brook WAIT!!!!" (Y/n) and Luffy exclaim together.

"Isn't he a devil fruit user?" Zoro suggests while everyone looks horrified at watching this new friend jump off his ship seemingly into the ocean below.

"YOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!!!" The whole crew turned to the noisy skeleton and watched in amazement as he ran across the waters surface to the safety of land.

"That is so cool!!" Luffy, Chopper, and (Y/n) yelled in excitement.

"Uh....anyway... Luffy, we should listen to him and get out of here. I don't really understand the situation but this island looks like bad news." Nami explained.

Luffy turns back around with a giant grin eating away at his face," Huh? Did you guys say something?"

"HE TOTALLY WANTS TO GO!!" Usopp and Nami exclaimed in unison.

"Interesting.... It seems we were eaten. That noise earlier was that mouth closing over there." Robin deduced offering a pointed finger behind their ship to show off a wall surrounding the island with a gate in the shape of a mouth. "So it would appear we are in some sort of trap."

"If that's the case then that would mean that who ever is here is capturing sailors but why would they do that?" (Y/n) asked?

"Sorry guys I have 'I can't go on that creepy island' -itis , so I can't go" Nami said in fear.

"Me too, I'm really sick!!" Chopper agreed.

"No worries!! You two can stay here and guard the ship!" Luffy chimes cheerfully while holding a butterfly net and a over the shoulder bag.

"And you've got "stupid adventure"-itis again!!" iPods yelled in Luffy's face.

"You worry too much, I'll be careful!!" Luffy comforted.

"I don't know, I think it could be fun..... maybe you are judging too much from appearances. Not everyone is the same, who knows maybe the people here are nice??" (Y/n) offers as some encouragement for the crew.

"Either way!! Brook is a new member of our crew. We can't just leave him behind." Luffy says matter of factly. (Y/n)'s back straightens and face softens into a smile at Luffy's words.

Sanji, Nami, (Y/n) and Chopper all decide to stay behind and watch the ship. Meanwhile, Luffy, Robin, Zoro, Franky, and Usopp all make their way onto the island.