𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖆 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖋𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖋 𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓

Tyler had allowed them all to reconvene at his house, which Persephone didn't particularly think was the best idea

Tyler had allowed them all to reconvene at his house, which Persephone didn't particularly think was the best idea. Five outcasts in the normie sheriff's house was a recipe for disaster. Especially when Galpin already had it out for Wednesday and her tendency to meddle with his investigation. But Tyler and Persephone needed medical attention without alerting Weems to the fact that they had broken her strict orders. So they had very few options.

Hades had refused to let Persephone walk, insisting he carried her bridal-style all the way and wouldn't let anyone else touch her. He had been taught basic surgical and first-aid skills at a young age as he was very prone to playing with sharp objects and wasn't always an expert with them (it's a miracle he still has all his fingers). He had never been more thankful to have those skills now as he sat patching up Persephone's leg. The monsters claws hadn't sunk too deep, so luckily there was no damage to the muscle. Hades' hands shook a little as he was tending to the wound, realising that he had broken his promise to protect her. The guilt was eating away at him. He knew the risks so he never should've let her out of his sight.

Hades finished up on Persephone's leg while Wednesday was still treating Tyler's chest. "Thanks, Doc." He muttered quietly, causing Xavier's eyes to cast down to the floor. Persephone gives Hades a kiss on the cheek and whispers a small 'thank you' into his ear.

"Not to make this about me, but I am having a full-blown panic attack right now." Enid declares, eyes staring at nothing as her chest heaves with rapid breaths. "We need to get back before Weems realises we've been gone."

"I mean, there's only five students missing. It's not much for her to panic about." Persephone remarks sarcastically, gritting her teeth in pain as she moves her leg. The door swings open to reveal Sheriff Galpin, looking quite astounded at the crowd of people in his house.

"Hello, sir. Nothing suspicious to see here." Hades greets as he and Persephone plaster innocent smiles on their faces and try to act casual.

"What the hell happened?" Galpin asks, noticing the wounds on his son's chest. Anger boils inside of him as he storms over to Wednesday. "This was you, wasn't it?"

Tyler tries to act as a barrier between the two. "Wait, Dad, please. I'm okay."

Wednesday speaks up, ready to present some real, hard evidence and finally be taken seriously. "Sheriff, I understand you're upset, but I think you need to see something."

◇ ◇ ◇

"There was nothing there?" Persephone asks Wednesday in disbelief. The two girls walk to their dorm together after Persephone was released from the infirmary. Hades had stayed by her side the entire time and even lectured Wednesday to make sure his sister looked after her.

"Nothing." Wednesday confirms. "It was like it had never been there in the first place."

"But there are witnesses. We saw everything. Me, you and Enid saw the body parts and all five of us saw the car and the altar." Persephone protests, shocked that the police would dismiss the claims of the whole group. Was everyone corrupt in this town? "Does our word mean nothing to them?"