𝖑𝖛. 𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍

Persephone's parents had travelled to pick their daughter up themselves

Persephone's parents had travelled to pick their daughter up themselves. Once they had heard about the events that took place, they had to make sure Persephone was okay. She had barely managed to wave Hades and Wednesday off when she was tackled by a sobbing middle-aged man and bombarded with millions of questions about her wellbeing. Eventually her father managed to compose himself enough to release his daughter but her relief was short-lived as she was then engulfed in a hug from her mother.

Now they are being driven in their car, Persephone opens her bag to find a ripped page nestled on top with a sticky note attached.

It read: 'Sent Thing to find this. Thought you might want it back. Hades xx'

Persephone smiles in relief as she finds the missing page from Giulia's book safely back in her hands. She retrieves the book from her bag to return it to its rightful place. Her mother watches with a knowing glint in her eye as she recognises the book.

"I see you followed my instructions." Belladonna notes, smiling at her daughter. "Now tell me what's been happening? Seems like you've had quite the semester."

Persephone sighs as she prepares to tell her parents about all the drama. "You know that someone poisoned me, right?" She receives nods from both in reply. "Well, it was my teacher, Miss Thornhill, who was actually Laurel Gates returning for revenge. She poisoned me so she could steal Giulia's book for the Aqua Tofana recipe."

"That Gates family needed serious therapy." Belladonna mutters, shaking her head. "Such a shame they all turned into a bunch of murderous normie fanatics."

"They were definitely stuck in the past." Malakai adds, nodding in agreement.

"She tricked me into reviving her Deadly Nightshade plant and used it to brew the poison that killed Principal Weems." Saying those words outloud made Persephone feel even more guilty for what she had done. She didn't want to agree with Laurel's taunts, but she couldn't help taking responsibility for the woman's death.

"Persephone," Her mother begins sternly as the girl looks down in preparation for the reprimanding. "That is not your fault. You didn't grow that plant with the intention of using it to kill. Laurel Gates took advantage of you and your power. She used you, my dear."

"Your mother is right, Sephy Bear." Malakai takes his daughter's hands and squeezes them tight to reassure her. "A teacher is supposed to be someone you trust. You couldn't have known what she would do with it. You said it yourself, she tricked you. Alright?" Persephone nods as Malakai brushes away a tear that had escaped her eye. "Take a deep breath and continue when you're ready."

Persephone takes a few calming breaths before nodding as she's ready to tell them the rest. "I'm assuming she also used the belladonna to create some Aqua Tofana, because she used it to kill Hades... I watched him die right in front of me."

"But he's not dead now, is he?" Belladonna questions, having an idea about where this was going.

"No he's not." Persephone confirms. "Laurel had ripped out the page of Giulia's book which contained the recipe for the antidote, but I remembered the note Giulia had written. I connected the dots and used the antidote in the necklace you gave me. And it didn't work at first." Belladonna didn't seem surprised by anything Persephone was saying. "And then... I just got so angry that Hades was dead, and my power became unbearably overwhelming... I snapped. Somehow, I was able to bring him back... I don't know how. I was hoping you might be able to explain."