𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖍𝖔𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖍

𝕾𝖚𝖗𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖊! 𝖂𝖊𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖘. 𝕿𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖊 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖊𝖎𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖔𝖔 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖋𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖓 𝖆 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖗 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘 𝕴 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖊𝖝𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖔𝖓. 𝕰𝖓𝖏𝖔𝖞!

The Harvest Festival

"Oh my god!" Persephone shrieks, gripping tightly onto Hades' arm and forcing him to a stop. The boy tenses in a panic, thinking something is wrong.

"What is it? What's wrong?" He asks quickly, his eyes scanning the crowd for any potential danger. He prepares himself for any potential ambush that might come their way, positioning his body so that he may protect Persephone.

"They have a photo booth!" She squeals, jumping up and down in elation. Persephone likes to take photos of the memories she makes so that she can look back at them and reminisce on all the fun times. She knows that some people will tell her to just 'live in the moment', but one day she might not remember these moments. Pictures are worth a thousand words, as they say.

"W-What?" Hades stutters out in stunned bewilderment. Persephone tugs on his arm, weaving her way through the crowd until they are standing in front of the booth. It was located on the outskirts of the fair so it wasn't as busy as the rest of the festival. It was retro and chic, making Persephone feel like a teen in the 60s. The aesthetic of the booth screamed to her, spiking her enthusiasm even more.

"We have to do it!" The girl insists, staring up at the neon lights shining bright above. Hades looked unsurely at the booth, hesitant to step into the booth. But one look at Persephone had him convinced that he would follow her anywhere. The fluorescent lights reflect in her dark eyes and bathe her in colourful radiance. A delightful smile rests upon her lips, highlighting the dimples in her cheeks. Hades' heart is as black as the night sky above their heads, yet he doesn't have the heart to say no to her.

"Alright." He agrees, nodding once. He didn't think her smile could get any wider, but she has a habit of proving him wrong. She clasps his hand and pulls them to stand just outside the closed curtains of the booth. They wait patiently, listening to the giggles of the pair already in the booth. "How does this thing work exactly?" Hades asks bashfully.

"Have you ever done a photo booth before?" Persephone questions softly, trying not to embarrass him as she's never seen him act this shy before. He shakes his head insecurely, slightly worried that she may judge him. Instead, she gives him a gentle smile before putting it into terms he'll be more familiar with. "It's like when the cops take mug shots of you at the station but a bit more informal and way more fun." Hades nods in understanding. He's a pro at mug shots, they used to be a weekly occurrence before he started learning how to not get caught.

Persephone is dismayed to find that it is Bianca and Divina who had been in the booth before them. The two sirens stepped out, still in fits of laughter which halted as soon as she spotted Persephone. As Divina goes to collect their photos, Bianca smirks down at the girl, ready to serve her with a taunting remark. Before she can open her mouth, Hades steps forward with his arms crossed and a deadly gleam in his eye.

"Don't. Even. Think about it." He warns in a low growl. Bianca's eyes flicker to Persephone, whose eyes are fixed on Hades, before she scoffs and walks off with Divina following. Hades' glare observes the pair as they retreat into the crowd, until Persephone squeezes his hand.

"Easy there, tiger." She comments, tugging him into the booth and closing the curtain. They quickly discover a flaw in their plan when they find that there is only one very tiny stool inside. Persephone finds herself thankful that the photos will be in black and white so no one can see the crimson blush that paints her cheeks when she realises she will have to sit on Hades' lap. She is nervous at first, slowly perching on his knee and not putting her full weight on him. Until Hades' hands grip her waist and yank her closer to him. Her breath hitches at the close proximity but tries not to show how timid it makes her feel.