Chapter 9 - Mike

What the fuck did I say wrong? I'm fuming on the recliner in the living room, going over the words Dylan and I exchanged in the heat of the moment. Had he not felt what I'd been feeling? His body's reaction to me told me he did, but his words have me all messed up. Saying he can't do it? Is he afraid of having sex, or maybe he misunderstood me?

"Fuck," I grumble and pull out my phone for the umpteenth time today.

Nothing, just a wall of silence and unreplied texts. It's almost been a week, and he's only messaged me on the work chat platform. I grit my teeth. I don't know how much more of this silence I can take. How many more nights and mornings of me being hard as a rock and not being able to cum. It doesn't feel right, stroking myself, thinking of Dylan while he's upset with me.

I glance up at Alexis and Wolf sitting on the couch, both of them engrossed in the movie. I can't take this anymore. I send Dylan a message about bringing him a file that's too large to transfer and make a lame excuse and leave.

I'm in my truck and barreling down the streets, the nice weather turns, and sheets of rain pelt against the windshield. I slow down and keep my distance from the nearby cars, but my heart yearns for Dylan. To get there faster. The moment I see Dylan's building, I pull into the visitor parking lot with a screech and hop out, slamming the door behind me. I make a mad dash for the covered entrance, but my thin shirt still manages to get soaked through. I wipe away the rain from my face, breathing hard and punch in the number for Dylan's apartment. The buzzer beeps continuously, and I'm worried he won't let me in, but after the tenth time the door buzzes, I'm racing up the stairwell, too impatient to take the elevator.

Breathing hard, I stand outside his door and knock. Why am I so anxious and nervous? My question is answered the moment Dylan opens the door. Shyly hiding half behind it. His red hair is a little messy, his black glasses are sliding down his nose, and he's wearing a comfy sweater and jeans. His expression is wary, but I know I'm a goner as his cheeks blush red.

He puts his hand out, "I'll take it."

"What?" I say, a little breathless from running up the stairs.

"The hard drive?" his voice trembles.

"Dylan, I-" I move to take a step forwards, but he moves further behind the door, and my stomach plummets.

"I can't let you in." He ducks his head. His hair falling over his eyes.

"Please, Dylan?" I try again, but he starts to close the door. I stop it with my hand before he shuts it on me.

"Mike, please don't." I can hear the anxiety rising in his every word.

"Why not?" I push. I can't leave now. Not when he's right in front of me looking so forlorn and crushed.

"B-because," he trips over his words. "If I see you now. It'll all just come flooding back."

"What will?" I press my hand harder into the door, and he lets me push it open a little more. "Tell me, Dylan, what will come back?"

"Me loving you." He chocks on a sob.

"Fuck," I angrily shove the door the rest of the way open, and Dylan takes a step back and out of the way. I close the door quickly, and I'm right there, cupping his wet cheeks in my hands. "Please don't cry," I beg. "I don't know what I said to make you think you needed to stop loving me. But please don't."

"What?" His green eyes are big and glassy as he stares up at me. "But you and Rachel?"

"No, we broke up that morning. I couldn't stay with her any longer; she was toxic. And you make me feel alive, so alive it feels like I've been sleeping for the past year." I wipe away a stray tear as I gaze back at him lovingly. "I need you, Dylan. I've been going crazy trying to figure out what I said that pushed you away all week."

I'm still breathing hard as I wait for his response. Not willing to move an inch until I know he's completely mine.

"I thought you only wanted my help to get hard?" His lower lip trembles, and all I want is to kiss them, suck on them and bite them, but I resist. I need to hear him out. "That's why I pushed you away. I've been in love with you for years and knew my heart was mixing with my actions. I couldn't separate them, knowing how I feel and you not feeling the same way. It was too much. I felt like my heart was breaking."

My mind is reeling at this news. I had no idea that Dylan had feelings for me for that long. Fuck, it must have been killing him to see me on and off again with Rachel.

"Shit, that's not what I meant. I thought you were asking if you could give me a handjob or something?" I chuckle as Dylan's mouth opens and embarrassment washes over his face.

"Oh,"

"I'd like to say, if I'd known, I would have put a stop to the relationship and gone out with you instead, but I can't say for certain that would have been the case. Perhaps, I wouldn't have developed erectile dysfunction, but I did, and you helped me through it with your honesty. All I know is that day, everything changed for me. At first, I didn't know what it was or how to define it, but seeing you like this. Hurt and in distress, it can only be one thing. Love." I can feel him melting into me. "So, please don't cry anymore. I'm here now."

I've never been one for declarations, but I feel it deep in my soul, and I want there to be no doubt in Dylan's mind that I care for him immeasurably.

Dylan raises his hands and places them on my chest. I can feel him trembling. "You mean it?"

"Yeah," I laugh and lean down to kiss him. To show him just how much I do.

His lips are smooth and warm against mine. I pull his face closer, deepening the kiss as I slant my lips over his. The need to be intertwined, body and soul, is overwhelming, like nothing I've ever felt before. A little moan escapes his lips, and I take the opportunity to slide my tongue into his mouth. I taste him fully, scraping against his teeth and melding my tongue against his. His nails scrape against my pecs as he digs his fingers into my wet shirt, trying to hang onto me. All the while, my heart is hammering away in my heaving chest, loving how his small body presses desperately into mine.

"Mike," Dylan gasps, my name sending blood directly to my engorged cock. I kiss him harder, but I feel his hands pushing me away so he can breathe. "Mike," he says again.

"What?" I can't stop kissing him, so I move to his chin and make my way along his cheek.

"My neck," he pants wantonly.

I look down at him. He's up on his toes like before, his legs shaking to keep him upright. I grin smugly, satisfied that I can turn Dylan into a pile of goo. "Fuck, you know how to make me hard." I watch as my words make his cheeks blaze.

"I didn't do anything?" His eyes are wide and innocent. "Did I?"

"Ha!" I let out a rush of air and lean my forehead against his. "It's like your a virgin."

"Umm..." His voice trails off, and I lean back and flick my eyes to his.

"You're not?" I pinch my brows together, mystified. "You're not saying you're a virgin, are you?" He tries to look away, but I still have his face cradled in my hands. "No wonder you're so honest in your reaction. You've never had anyone hold you before." A deep hunger rages in my chest. Knowing that he's untouched and unfettered by another man's words. That only I get to see him come undone so completely. "We'll have to do something about that, won't we?"

I bring his lips back to mine and bite his lower lip, my hands snaking down his back to cup his ass in my large hands. He lets out a shakey breath as I dig my fingers into his soft flesh, squeezing roughly. Desperate to feel more of him, I grind my stiff cock into his belly, and Dylan collapses like a bag of rocks against my chest.

"Mhn," I keep him propped up and lick my way into his mouth, continuing to grind him against me.

"It's too much, Mike."

"Nonsense, I'm just getting started," I growl.

"You're a beast." He gasps, but I can tell by the way his dick jumps against my thigh that he likes the idea of me being beastly with him.