i.

ONE

"you know it's not the same as it was"- AS IT WAS, harry styles

- AS IT WAS, harry styles

-august 2015-

"RÓMEROS, PICK UP THE PACE, DIAZ IS CATCHING UP TO YOU!" ten year old rosaline rómeros panted, turning her head as the young micheal diaz began to draw closer to the girl, his eyes resting on the ball beneath her.

rosie swiftly tilted her head back around, setting her vision straight ahead of her, locking eyes with the goal keeper, preparing for the opportunity to shoot. her pace slowed as she heard the distant cheers of support coming from her teammates behind her, pushing her onwards to score this point for their team.

with one simple sigh, the girl picked up her right leg, holding it backwards before swinging it back down, creating a sharp form of contact with the ball.

the surrounding peers watched in awe, as they waited for that sound of the ball smacking the netting of the goal, or as rosie liked to call it - the sound of success.

the goal keeper stumbled backwards, hoping to catch the ball as he fell, however to his dismay, the ball soared over his head, missing the tips of the boys finger and landed into the enclosed space of the net, granting her team the final point of the game.

the rómeros girl let out a small chuckle, resting her hands upon her knees, as the girls team members darted towards her, bombarding her with a pats on the back, and cheers of delight.

"bien hecho! i knew you'd do it ro, i told you!" the familiar voice of rosie's closest companion drew closer towards the girl, a soft smile formed on her face as the boy jumped on top of her back, making rosie topple over due to the weight.

the pair laughed in hysterics, both rolling about on the astro turfed floor, tears falling from their eyes. "idiota! when will you realise i still cant carry you!" rosie chuckled, watching as the boy to her left slowly pulled himself up from the floor.

"weak." the boy replied with a grin, receiving a simple eye roll from the girl and a swift shake of her head. the brunette boy laughed, holding out his hand in order to help the girl up on her feet once more.

by now, the surrounding peers of rosaline and pablo had made their way out from the pitch, walking into the wooden gazebo where the group would have their advice given to them by their coach, javier.

the two jogged over, slotting themselves onto the edge of the gazebo, taking a sip of their drinks as they listened to javier discuss the practice match between the team.