iv.

FOUR

 "and it's all you've ever wanted,"—BRAZIL, declan mckenna

—BRAZIL, declan mckenna

february 2022

"MAMÁ, ILL BE PERFECTLY FINE, TRUST ME." rosaline rómeros smiled ad she was tightened into the embrace of her teary mother mariana.

it had now been two years since the rómeros household had made the decision of relocating back into the town of barcelona after the passing of valeria rómeros. and today was the day in which seventeen year old rosaline was moving out of the family home, and into the house of her cousin, pedri.

the regret of declining the opportunity of a lifetime from when the girl was only the age of eleven, still haunted the girl years after the event. it even shattered the heart of her abuela when she found out the news of her granddaughters actions.

so after years of the constant refusal from rosie after being asked to start taking part within the sport once again, her grandmothers final wish before parting the world, was that the fifteen year old rosaline rómeros must begin to embrace her talent once again, and accept her future before it's too late.

and without any hesitation, the young girl quickly dialled the number for the barcelona team, and began her journey for her possible profession once again. this time, rather then alongside the comfort of her old best friend, alongside her cousin, who had previously moved into beginning the academy a year prior.

"i know hija, but you can't blame a mother for crying!" her mother sobbed, tightening her arms around her daughter once again, this time making the girl cough from the lack of air within her system.

"okay, okay mama! at this rate i won't even be able to get through the door alive! nevermind moving in with ped!" the girl joked, slowly backing away from mariana.

"my turn!" little ronan rómeros yelled, jumping straight at his older sister, laughing as she spun him around in the hug.

    "oh rone, i'm gonna miss you little muchacho." rosie smiled, placing him down upon the floor once again.

    and now, she turned to her father, who currently had tears swelling in his eyes — the girl rarely saw her father share some sort of emotional feeling, and had only ever seen him shed a tear once before.

    "pa, c'mon now! what is it you always say? "don't cry cause it's over, smile because it happened." and that's exact what rosaline was doing, smiling through the memories of living with her family, despite the era of her childhood coming to a close, a new era was opening, this time, her future.