vi.

SIX

"i see my reflection in your eyes"—REFLECTIONS, the neighborhood

—REFLECTIONS, the neighborhood

SOME MIGHT SAY ITS RATHER 'CLICHE' TO HAVE TWO childhood friends, now distant, ironically reuniting at the fate of bumping into each other. rosie two hated those cliche type of incidents — mainly due to the fact she desired to encounter one within her lifetime.

but here, was in fact such a thing, after seven years of broken contact, the pair had finally reunited, at the hands of fate. or... well maybe gavi just in need of using the bathroom, and rosaline having occupied it? possible coincidence more say?

no matter how many times rosie would have claimed this possible coincidence, it was, and still is, fate that brought the pair together once again. their bond was too close to be left unfinished — a story with no ending. but here, here was the next chapter, leading onto the prequel to their relationship, wether it began as platonic, or ended through love, either way, nobody could deny that they were brought together for a reason.

    and nobody could also deny, that the sparkles, that had been lost in the depths of the pairs brown eyes, hadn't glistened back after they had stared into the eyes of their childhood selves once again.

    rosalines heart warmed, somehow unexpected to her first initial belief of the reunion with herself and the gavira boy, as she entered a trance, looking deep into the glossy eyes of the brunette. her own reflection, looking back at the girl, as she studied every feature of her own face through his orbs.

    she somehow found comfort, oddly, but surely, within his face. the face that once brought her the happiness of her childhood, the happiness of her heart. however, the regret of the past, was lingering, burning through her guilt-ridden heart.

he too was mesmerised, as if he'd been lured in by a siren, her eyes, singing a sweet melody, drawing him in to rip out his heart entirely, just like he had previously done to the boy in his youth.

but no matter what, he couldn't help but trace over every feature of her face with his vision, her freckles, still dotted in the same positions as before, her lips, which still slightly parted as they rested, and her eyes, oh how they were perfect.

yet, he still couldn't process, that the girl in-front of his very eyes, was the same girl who had been there, right by his side for the majority of his lifetime, before parting, forcing the contact between the pair to burn to ash.

rosie's breath hitched, as she brought her eyes away from his, pushing past his figure as their arms brushed one another, before hurrying down the hall of the home, not even taking a second to look back at the boy who'd she'd now left alone for a second time. although nothing could compare to her previous leave.