02

As I suspected, as soon as Dad leaves to pick up his suit for the party, Ramsay knocks on my door and enters before I invite him in. It's not surprising to me, since I do the same to him all the time. He sits on my bed and grabs my book from my hands, closing it and throwing it aside.

"Hope you remember your page number," he says, tossing me a card. "Do you know where we're going tonight?"

I look at the card and smirk when I realize it's a fake ID. Both Ramsay and I look like we're in our twenties so it should be easy to get in without question. We used to have fakes but Dad confiscated them when we were both seventeen and got into a liquor store.

Since the two of us are supernaturals, it's really hard for us to get drunk unless we use hard liquor and a lot of it. At best, we can get a bit of a buzz from normal alcohol, but even that takes a bit of effort.

"Where are we going?" I ask, putting my book in its spot on my nightstand.

"Vampieress' Dungeon," he cheers.

My heart beats a bit faster. Vampieress' Dungeon is a club that is frequented by supernaturals. The owner is a huge advocate for peace between vampires and werewolves. Her club is open to everyone, but thankfully humans don't usually come around because it makes all of the supernaturals fidget because of the scent and vampires have to rush to put in colored contacts so their red eyes don't give them away.

Even though the club is dark, there's always a risk.

Most humans may not have confirmation we exist, but their sixth sense tells them to stay away from the club. Some of the people Dad works with frequent the club and Joseph has told us it's a fun place to meet people, though he doesn't go often. When we had our original fake IDs, Ramsay and I never went because they were confiscated by Dad barely a week into having them.

Tonight, however, we have one goal and it's to get into that club. We still have a few years before we turn twenty one, but I'm turning eighteen and I want to have fun. Besides, they're almost guaranteed to have supernatural liquor so we'll actually feel something.

"Dad better not catch us," I say, looking at the ID. "If he does, we'll be on lockdown until we're into triple digits."

Ramsay scoffs. "Please, we'll be fine!" he says, but of course he's being overly optimistic and I don't really believe him all that much.

The prospect of a fun night out at a club is exciting, though, and I know Dad is only tough because he cares. So, if we get home safe, there's really no concern since he'll never know. No one will recognize us because we don't frequent the place and it's not like we're going for a meeting.

When Dad returns with his suit, Ramsay and I try to act as naturally as possible. As in, arguing over stupid shit, fighting over who's cheating in Mario Kart, and making Dad eventually banish us to sit out on the porch because we're irritating him.

"I'm hungry," I whine as we sit on the porch swing.

Ramsay tries the front door again but it's still locked. "Well, go hunting then. I'm sure your wolfy instincts will kick in."

"Go fuck yourself," I growl, feeling my eyes ache a bit as they flash the gold of my wolf form. "I can't only eat every few days."

"How unfortunate for you."

I scowl, laying across the porch swing so Ramsay can't sit down. Of course, he doesn't let it faze him and he sits down on the ground right beside me, leaning his head against the swing.

"Is it bad that I kind of want to be a werewolf's mate?"

"Since you're asking a werewolf, I think it's wrong if I say yes. Why, though?"