12

I haven't opened the book that Charity wrote, and it's been three weeks since the birthday party. I don't know what's holding me back, but I just haven't started it yet. These past few weeks have been a handful; since recognizing that Raina has a whole world I didn't know about, I have wanted to crack down and figure out what Ramsay is up to.

Callum has been on board with helping me, and to keep it a bit more secretive, we've been doing our planning at his house. Callum has been a huge help because he doesn't need to sleep and Ramsay has been spending late nights at one specific location with an assortment of people.

We're barely into November, so the days are short so I'm sometimes up, but Callum insists I need to sleep. Which, to be fair, he's right. I haven't been getting enough sleep with all of these ideas wracking my brain and I'm exhausted.

"Get some more sleep," Callum says, sitting at his desk.

Dad has still been strict, but I was able to talk him into letting me spend some nights at Callum's. As long as I text him and make sure that I'm in a house by the eleven o'clock curfew, Dad has allowed it as long as I remember to take my vitamins with me. Besides, I can truly relax at Callum's house.

There's something off at our house. With Raina's insistence that I keep her mate and son a secret, I feel like there's a lot that she's not telling me. I don't think it's a life or death scenario, but the more I think about it, the more I feel like everyone has their own secrets and isn't willing to open up.

It's especially weird in Ramsay's case; he and I used to tell each other everything, but after we got ungrounded by Dad, I feel like I barely see him. I'm sure people would assume it's because I spend all of my time with Callum, but I continuously have been texting Ramsay and asking him if we could go on a run or hang out and I'm met with apologies and him being unable to.

"I'm fine," I say, starting to sit up.

In seconds, Callum is on my lap, pinning me down. It makes my face go bright red; we're affectionate and while we haven't done more than kiss, Callum has gotten comfortable climbing on top of me and literally making me lay down when I should sleep but don't want to.

I'm a few inches taller than him and we're both strong so I could give a good fight, but it's not worth it to hurt either of us. Besides, he gives me this look when he does this and it makes me feel like I should listen to him. I don't have that Alpha personality that demands control so it's not an issue.

"You look like you need more sleep."

"Did you just tell me that I look like shit?"

Callum grins and leans forward to kiss me on the forehead, the nose, and then my lips. "The most beautiful piece of shit that I've ever seen," he says, kissing me again and gently biting my bottom lip as he pulls away, careful not to pierce me with his fangs.

"I'm glad I impress you," I grumble, glaring at him. "Callum, I got plenty of sleep."

"I stayed up all night working on our plan for today and you slept so restlessly," Callum says. "It's only six. Go back to sleep, Lennox."

I scowl, but Callum rolls on his side and squeezes me into his chest. Of course, the affection is endearing to me and I can't help but make myself comfortable. I'm not stupid; Callum knows this is my weakness and he proves it by grabbing the comforter and pulling it over both of us.

"What's he up to, Callum?" I whisper, closing my eyes. "You've been following him to the same location for weeks, but we've never seen the blond guy from the restaurant."

"We'll find out today," Callum says, rubbing my stomach comfortingly. "I don't know what he's up to, but we'll find out. It's probably nothing dangerous, just a way for him to make friends with other vampires."