19

We've been in the hospital for nearly an hour when Helen arrives with a bag of clothes. There hasn't been much talking between Callum and I, but I know both of us have a lot of thoughts rushing through our heads because there is definitely a lot going on.

Callum and I go into the family restroom to change, and knowing I'm going to get to wear his clothes is really comforting to me. He doesn't look too distressed, but I know that this whole situation is bothering him. It would bother anyone, witnessing an attack as gory as what we had to see tonight.

"I'm just throwing mine away," Callum says when I start to strip and fold my clothes.

I look at the bloody garments in my hands. "That's a better idea," I respond, throwing them away and getting dressed in clean, bloodless clothes.

I go over to the sink and begin to vigorously scrub the blood off of my hands and arms, and I feel disgust and anxiety arise in me as I do so. I hate myself for not trying to tell someone outside of my family, except for Callum, about these attacks. They're getting worse and I didn't do anything!

Raina knows about them, but I don't know if she's tried to get outside help. With how she's always with the pack when she's not sleeping at our house, I doubt she really cares all that much.

Gods, everything is such a mess right now.

My reflection shows me just how messy I'm feeling; my eyes are bloodshot and it's obvious that I'm absolutely exhausted. My skin is more pasty than it should be and there are small blood flecks on my cheeks. I grab a paper towel to wipe off the blood, but Callum grabs my wrist before I can.

"Sit down," he whispers, nodding toward the closed toilet seat.

Callum takes the paper towel from my hand and soaks it in warm water before he gently cleans the blood specks off of my face. He grabs a dry one from the dispenser and dries my face, and I close my eyes while he does so.

I get up once he's done. I would return the treatment, but Callum didn't get as much blood on him as I did. I'll definitely call someone tomorrow to clean Callum's car; he usually takes care of everything, so it'd be nice for me to do something for him.

I know he usually takes the lead and control, but that doesn't mean he should have to do everything. I have done some things, like coordinating dates and just being a good boyfriend, but I want to do more for him. I want this to be a good relationship that isn't one sided, but it's hard to surprise Callum.

He's had relationships before me, but I haven't had one before him. He knows all of the intricacies of relationships that I don't really know, and he might even have me beat in understanding having mates as well. Growing up with vampires hasn't really done much for me except make sure I didn't reject my vampire mate. Though, based on how welcoming the Portlandia pack has been toward Raina, Helen, and Callum, that wouldn't have been a problem for me either way.

"Come on," Callum says once he's finished changing and goes to the sink to wash his hands. "Lennox?"

"Can we just... like, stay here for a few minutes?" I ask, hugging him from behind while he washes his hands and resting my chin on his shoulder. "I just want to be alone with you for a few minutes."

Callum hums. "Bathroom sex really isn't how I imagined our first time."

"Oh, gods," I say, scoffing while he cracks a smirk. "Are you implying you'll only last a few minutes?"

"Have you seen your thighs? It might take some practice for me to hold back," he says, but I can tell from his expression that he's joking. "We should be out there. With us bringing him to a human hospital, there'll probably be a lot of questions about what happened and where we found him."