4 - Sun Silk

When I wake up I'm surrounded by warmth, it's the good kind this time, lulling me into sleep. I yawn loudly, attempt to crack my back but my nose comes in contact with skin. I swallow the next yawn, far less sleepy now.

I open my eyes to sheets and a duvet covering half my face. I see an arm, strong bulky that explains the pressure on my hip, I feel another on my knee. I try to sit slowly and soundlessly, but the duvet slips off to my legs in silky noises.

It's when I fully sit that I realize I'm on someone's lap, shirtless and with shorts on that come up just above my knees. We never learned his name, but the second snake is bellow and I've been sleeping on his bare torso. His hands are still on my hip and knee, not caging, just hanging on.

The room is lit lightly, by the rays of sun slipping through closed curtains. I recognize his face anyway, guest envoy of the queen. I start to wonder how important he must be to have been included. The sleepiness does die down as I try to decipher his face in the smallest light.

What the heck I am doing?

Why would I be sleeping in the same bed that guy?

It comes back, squeezing my chest and throat, the mission, the sickness, the explosion. Are the guys good? Is the lieutenant okay? I need to get out of here.

I push back the silent scream of fear and frustration building up in my throat. I try to get up with as less commotion as possible but the moment I raise my hips from his, the palms and fingers on my hip and knee push back down. I reflexively grab them to take them off but I hear a slow, low growl bellow me, so my head turns to him.

I can't see much, but I definitely make him out blinking heavily, drowsy with sleep. I pull on his hands again but the low growl comes back. I stop pulling but I have to nowhere to put hands on, leaving them hanging above his. Now is not time to anger a wolf.

I don't know what to do but I feel him flexing his fingers, his digits pushing lightly into my bare skin. When I look back at him, he's focused on my hip, watching how the skin responds under his touch. I take advantage of his focus on the task to launch up, thighs flexing to get out of his hold.

I end falling backwards, back first off the bed, onto hard flooring. I don't feel the impact, hands behind my head and back cushioning my fall. I stare up, wide eyed and panicked at him. He's leaning off the bed, legs pressing onto the mattress to support both our weight.

I'm out of breath, frozen bellow him as he lays me down gently on the floor, a hand pressing on the wood by my head and hip. I had almost forgotten how fast wolves move. The light breaking through the curtains shows half of his face. Strong jaw and eyebrows, eyes too dark to catch color. Dark hair cut short, springing to all sides.

One of his hands come up to rub his face, no his blush, he hides his mouth when his eyes rack down my torso, my neck and face. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fu-.

I daze out of my frozen state, turn around to crawl away before standing by the closest wall, it's smooth and soft paper on my back.

When he moves out of his trance, putting his feet on the ground to stand, I put a hand out, weak barrier between us, but the only available. At his full height, he's as tall as me, walking until his torso barely grazes my open hand. He's frowning, glaring at my hand openly.

I take the opportunity to look around, there's a door on my left, wooden and heavy looking French door. There's another on the left wall, I guess a third on the right wall, hidden by the darkness, barely visible. There's only one I hope to reach in time.

When I look back, he's checking out my stomach, tongue darting out to lick his lip. Suddenly I'm reminded that he's one of them, probably high in hierarchy. I take my chances for distraction.

« Am I your mate? » my voice is scratchy, strained with sleep and worry.

He looks up, eye twitching and a shy smile appears. He looks around the room, mouth opening and closing. His chest puffs up, shoulders square and I notice only my stretched out hand is warm. The rest of the room is cold, shivers starting to rack my back and arms, he's the only source of warmth here.

He looks back up, watching my expression carefully, I wonder what my expression looks like, what impressions it gives. I square my shoulders too, try to relax my jaw.

His mouth closes, before he nods.

I don't take the time to digest the information, I push as hard as I can on his chest before running to the door by me. Adrenaline pushes my feet faster, bare on the flooring. My hand closes around the handle, twisting and pulling. The few inches I manage to open are slammed back by a hand above my head.

The shock makes the door shake and a hand grabs my neck. The sound of the door slamming is nothing next to the growl drowning out every other sound in the room. I fear my drums might break from its intensity. I'm frozen as a hand pushes my forehead on the door. The wood is cool, helping the stress lower.

His fingers move up to lock on my jaw, index behind my ear. I'm too vulnerable but my training reflex don't come in hand in one on one fights like this. I'm unarmed and outmatched. I don't have time to dwell because his nose grazes my neck. He rubs it and his whole face, his growl dies down.

Then his teeth come around my nape, just touching the skin. I feel the hair on the back on neck raise. Sweat builds up on my face.

"Stop" I speak low, afraid to aggravate him, it comes out as an order more then a plea, but my whole body shakes in fear. If I get bitten now I'll be stuck here forever. No fucking way I'm spending the rest of my life like this.

I try to push my body back when he doesn't react but I recoil when his teeth just clam a bit stronger than before. I push my body onto the door to get away from the sharp canines. His fingers move from my jaw to my ear where he gently pulls on it to grant himself a better angle, the side of my head touching the door.

"Fuck off." I spit out as I'm left to stare at the darkness of the room.

Then I feel his tongue on my skin, teeth pushing further in my neck.

-

hi, let me know if you spot errors in language :)