6 - Persistent Push

It's simple but in apparence only : gain his trust and when he gets too confident, make a run for it. How to trick him, that I'm not so sure about. I'm not willing to get attached or physical either for it. I remember a discussion with Carter, something about push and pull. Gain his affection without loosing too much. His foot nudges mine.

« Bathroom? » we are still sitting, facing as bound prisoners, but I'm the only one who has been taken.

Sweaty from our little brawl, which I dreadfully lost and the fatigue from the mission and the bomb. And the mate bomb. How fucking unlucky did I have to be? When I look back up for an answer he has his hand over his mouth, knees drawn in and eyes settled on my legs. Thighs? Fuck.

« Hey. » I draw back my legs and brows furrowed, try to get his attention where it's needed.

A horny dog with the wolf pressure feels like a child with a sword, only it's aimed at my neck. And the sword has teeth and the child is a professional wrestler. Fuck.

His eyes come back up, scurry my face before he nods. I'm glad that he makes himself mute for my sake, but definitely not grateful. Damn monster. He nods to his right, to the door on my left. Guess I picked the right door when running. Noted.

We stand up at the same time and when he's not sitting like a scolded child, he's a lot more intimidating. Only a couple inches taller but way wider. His shoulders large and thighs thick, he reminds me more of a bear than a wolf. I wonder what his wolf looks like.

He opens the door while I follow a couple feet behind. He turns on the light and in the threshold, I see it. It's not just mass, it's muscle his body is made off. Dense and heavy. I don't notice he has turned back, cheeks flushed. He noticed, mouth tight but doesn't comment and goes inside. Smug ass.

He saw me looking at his back. I was not checking him out. I was assessing the difficulty of my escape. Dumbass. I was not checking him out.

I follow him inside despite really not wanting to be in an even more closed room. It's spacious though, walls and floor with cream tiles. Shower covered in the creamy rocky tiles. It doesn't look much different from ours, is it man made? Human made? I approach the mirror above the sink, tired eyes and flushed face stare back.

I ruffle my hair, it's a bit over grown and locks of black starts to swirl behind my ears. When my fingers touch my forehead, I remember the explosion. I remember the blood, its smell and thickest blinding my eye. I part the hair in a rushed breath but find nothing.

No blood, no tear, no sign of an injury.

I notice him in the corner of my eye, looking at my forehead through the mirror. In his arms, a towel and spare clothes piled up. When I look expectantly at him, he comes to push the pile in my hand. He's fast on his phone this time, pushes the phone in my face since my hands are busy.

« I heal you. » same simple answer as before. But how? Do they have super effective medicine ? Or can they transfer their healing powers ? It is a mate thing?

« How? » I rush to ask, almost bite my tongue. It's crucial information, humans really have no intel on wolves aside from the general public information.

His eyes open in surprise, lip sealed like a child taken doing something bad. His cheeks flush a tiny bit and the bastard looks away.

« Answer me. » he growls back a little, but it doesn't scare me off.

He looks at the bathroom tiles like some new found passion.

« Because you're not looking at me doesn't mean you can't hear me. » I press on, put the pile of clothes on the sink.

I get in his space, angry at his silence, push a finger strongly at his chest. I'm frustrated I have to lift my arm just a bit to do so. He lets me, I push again and he lets himself be pushed back, still looking away. So I can push him around. I can and just because I'm his mate. Wolves really are strange.

After a few more pushes his back hits the wall and eyes frantic, he looks for a way out. Suddenly I feel like the wolf in here. He still doesn't answer.

« Fine. » I sigh, take my finger back to finally get cleaned.

I turn to the pile, grab the towel, expect the door to close when I reach for the zipper of the sweater. After I zip it down and still don't hear the door close, I look at him. Still with his back against the tiles, head laying low but eyes up and pouty lips. Is he negotiating ? What exactly for? There is no way he's staying.

I raise my arm to the door, finger pointed sternly and eyebrows raised. No fucking way. He steals one look at the skin showing of my stomach, even more flushed than before if it was possible. He slowly walks out, feet dragging and face pouting. When he takes too long for my liking I throw the towel on my shoulder, reach with both my hands to push him out.

I almost recoil at the heat of skin and his shoulders jump in surprise. His head snaps to give me an annoyed look, but I notice the blush reached his ears too. He left himself be pushed until he's out but when my hands leave his back to close the door, he turns. One of his hands flat on the door and the other curls around the threshold.

He growls when I push against him but pushes back just enough, so that it doesn't open more than a few inches. If I wasn't sweating anymore, I sure am now, grunting at the effort. Stupid strong wolf. I lean my full body against it, put my feet well apart to grant me more strength. I don't want to crush his hand but there is no way I'm letting that door open.

I don't why he's so persistent, I noticed a window but there's no way I can fit through. The night has fallen as well, I'm not risking getting eaten by a wolf by running from one either. When our pushing match reaches a minute of me tiring myself out and him seemingly just planting his body in the way, he starts to growl.

I let the door go in a second and take a step back, I don't want him to flip and go back to pushing me against a wall. I hear him sigh and move. When I look through the tiny opening, I see his shoulder right on the threshold. He sits in the of the door just enough that it doesn't close, just enough that only an eye can see through.

He huffs and puffs, not out of tiredness. He's trying to communicate his frustration. I flip him from behind, checking if his head doesn't turn. It doesn't. So I can push him around but not close a damn door? Fine, but if he turns around I'll punch him. 

-

hi, let me know if you spot errors in language :)