Chapter 14 - Colgate ad

The door is slammed against the wall, interrupting me and Nevin from watching another episode in the row, but I didn't manage to keep track of them so I have no idea which episode is this

      The door is slammed against the wall, interrupting me and Nevin from watching another episode in the row, but I didn't manage to keep track of them so I have no idea which episode is this. The only break we took was to go to the cafeteria to eat. Hale winced, being brutally awakened for the second time today, which caused him to curse under his breath. I almost feel sorry for him. But still, how can he sleep so much? 

      Zayden and a girl whom I think I've seen before in the cafeteria when he rejected her, enter. He's practically dragging her along, with his hands by his sides, and she's clinging to him with all her strength. The most disgusting thing about the whole picture they're outlining is how she doesn't stop stringing kisses along the accessible portion of his neck, leaving a trace of bright red lipstick, as if she had just spread it across her lips. A shiver runs down my spine as I realize that certain reddish areas, some even verging on black, have acquired their color due to bites. The girl grabs onto the collar of Zayden's shirt, a fact that takes him by surprise, and as he turns his head, she captures his lips with hers, desperate and indifferent, completely disregarding our presence.

      "Excuse me for interrupting you, but you are not alone," interjects my grumpy brother.

      Thanks, Hale! I don't want to participate in this disgusting show anymore.

      "You all right?" whispers Nevin. "You are pale."

      As if caught in the act, I blink often, trying to clear my mind and look anywhere but at Zayden whose guilt-inducing eyes are locked into mine. I swallow hard, the images playing again and again behind my eyelids, giving me no peace. What is happening to me? I couldn't care less about the brunette's new conquest and him in particular. He is free to do whatever he wants, the only thing he needs to think about is where he chooses to display himself.

      "Now give me the key," he says firmly, turning his face back to the girl.

      She has long blond hair, the light color I've always dreamed of, dyed of course, big green eyes well defined by eyeliner, and the red lipstick on her full lips is now stretched and uneven, both on her mouth and Zayden's. She takes turns giving everyone in the room superior, hateful looks, as if it's our fault that Zayden decided he'd better show some common sense, which he's lacked so far. She preferred us to watch their show? Wasn't she gifted with even a tiny bit of shame?

      "Now, Natalia! I don't have all the time in the world!" he says in a frigid yet calm tone, reaching out to her, waiting for the key, whatever he needed it for.

      She rummages through her bag unhappily, her lips pursed into a straight line, a stark change from her grin earlier. She doesn't seem to like that Zayden is now somewhat angry with her, evidenced by his command to hand her the key. If he hadn't been stopped by Hale, or if they had been alone, their earlier kisses would probably have turned into something else entirely. I don't even want to think about it.