7. Feelings

Brody felt like he was on top of the world on Monday morning when he entered his office. Last Saturday night went great, Callie came over and they spent the night kissing and making out. They both agreed to leave sex until their next date.

Well, it was her idea, obviously. His princess wanted both of them to think things through before going all the way. Brody knew she considered it knowing about him and Hendry, though Callie also knew that it didn't work out between them. What she didn't know was how Brody was still in love with his ex-housemate.

So, maybe postponing sex was a good idea after all. Though on that same day when evening came, Brody knew that he would jerk off in the shower the second he saw Hendry who looked perfectly handsome walking into his home like he owned the damn place. It was true that Hendry had been there too many times before. The man even had his own key. But when Hendry told him on the phone that he was bringing dinner, Brody was not expecting that he still felt the heat for the guy as he lazily parked his ass on the sofa. Not after he made out like crazy with Callie on the same damn seat just last Saturday.

"You're checking in on me, why? I told you I'm better. I even went out on a date with Callie, last Saturday." There, he threw it out there, and his heart skipped a beat when he clearly saw Hendry flinch and his jaw tightened.

"You're moving forward with the union?"

Brody laughed when he referred to what was going on between him and Callie as something so official, work-related, even when it was all social and necessary for both of their future.

"People had done this for centuries, Hendry, we'll survive and she was nice, beautiful, and turned out to be a good kisser." Again, it was like Brody was pushing his buttons when he was sharing too much with his ex.

"Brody, I don't need to know this."

There, it was the hammer that kept on stomping his heart. Brody had been let down by Hendry's hot and cold too many times already. He moved to the windows and looked out at the same view that he and Callie shared previously. Brody was such a mess, in the one hand he has Callie with her joyful spirit who was ready to take the leap with him, but on the other hand, he kept on torturing himself with what would never be between him and Hendry.

Brody should be over him when he saw the love of his life practically maul his assistant while he was sleeping on Hendry's sofa. But no, Brody had to be so fucked up in the head that he was still craving his attention.

"And why are you telling me this?" Hendry stepped behind him as he asked, he rested his hand on Brody's waist, kissing the back of his neck too fucking sweetly.

"N-nothing, I'm sorry," he stepped away from him but Hendry didn't let him, and his hold on him was getting tighter.

Hot...too damn hot. Brody's mind wandered to what could've been between them. Again.

"You know, there will always be an us. Even if you marry her. I don't mean that you'd cheat on her. I just... I need to adjust to your situation, I...you know I love you more than friends right?"

"You do?" Brody was shocked by his confession, this was not the fucked up situation that he wanted himself to be in. It felt like he was betraying both of them.

"I do," Hendry turned him, cradled his jaw, and caressed his thumb over his lips.

"Yet, you kissed your assistant," Brody couldn't help himself to get jealous knowing that he was not supposed to get jealous in the first place.

Hendry chuckled and told him that Sloan is a very sexy man, "That guy is a temptation, don't tell me that you don't find the man attractive?" he slipped a hand under Brody's t-shirt, feeling that familiar warmth on his well-defined abs.