Alpha Awards 2023 - closed

Howl-oo Wattpaders,

Welcome to the Alpha Awards. This contest is dedicated to sniffing out those binge-worthy werewolf stories from the pack—the Alpha stories, so to speak.

We invite you to dust off those complete stories or tackle the last bits of your work in progress and submit them to our Alpha Awards.

How will it work? Glad you asked.

We are looking for fresh, undiscovered werewolf stories to feature. However, we are looking for top-notch stories, meaning stories we simply can't stop reading. To find these stories, we have set the following eligibility criteria in place:

- The story must adhere to our Wattpad Content Guidelines.

- The written language must be English.

- The story must be marked complete, or nearing completion.

- The story must be fully available on Wattpad. We won't accept samples.

- The story must have a clear werewolf theme.

- We are happy to accept mature stories.

- Your story must have proper tags to give us clues about it.

- Please add the #werewolf tag to your story.

What does nearing completion mean? This simply means that your story is still ongoing but far enough along that it will be complete within a few chapters and you are actively updating it.

Can my stories have images and gifs in it? Sure, you are welcome to use any media throughout the story. However, please ensure you have no banned media (images/gifs) in the story. Check the content guidelines to learn what's banned.

Does my story have to be about an Alpha? No, the title of the awards might be Alpha, but that does not mean your story needs to center around, or even include an alpha. The MC can be any rank within the werewolf pack.

Are omegaverse stories allowed? Yes, just make sure your story complies with the content guidelines. All werewolf tropes are allowed.

Do you accept fanfiction? Yes, we do accept it.

Can my story be part of a series? Yes, it can. But we only want the first story in the series.

Can I submit more than one story? Yes, you can submit two stories max. The third will be ignored. Please submit stories separately, stories that are submitted together will be ignored. To clarify, you need to fill out the submission form again if you want to submit a second story.

Can I submit a co-written story? No. For this award, we won't accept co-written work.

 For this award, we won't accept co-written work

How do I enter? Good question.

To enter we need the following:

- Your best logline for the submitted story. (35 words max)

- Your best blurb for the submitted story. (300 words max)

- The title of your story.

- The word count of your story.

- The direct link to your story as posted on Wattpad.

All of the above needs to be submitted via this SUBMISSION FORM.  

The submission deadline is 10 April 2023 at midnight EST.

What is a logline? This is a very brief summary of your story, the who, what and why. Two sentences max. If someone asks you what your story is about and you only have seconds to answer, what will you say?

You can read up on how to write a great logline HERE.

What is a blurb? It's a short, yet descriptive, summary of the story's premise. This is meant to entice but not give away spoilers.

You can read up on how to write a great blurb HERE.

We will sniff out 10 to 15 of our favorite stories to feature in a Reading list for 6 months on the profile

We will sniff out 10 to 15 of our favorite stories to feature in a Reading list for 6 months on the profile. All these stories will receive a special sticker and individual shout-outs from our message board to further feature your story. 

We ask that you keep the Wattpad Code of Conduct in mind when participating and that all entries adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines

Feel free to visit the Safety Portal at any time to learn more about keeping safe on Wattpad.

Contest Disclaimer: Please note that this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse contest entries that we feel do not meet the required criteria or contain potentially triggering material. We are not obliged to give feedback related to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges will not be tolerated and may be reported to Wattpad's Trust and Safety team for their inspection.

The contest is now closed! Winners can be found here.