May Wolves: Seize The Moment (CLOSED)

This contest is now closed.

The winning entries can be found here.

*

Welcome to our brand new contest, May Wolves: Seize The Moment!

Life is a series of snapshots, moments that come and go. But certain moments are vivid and memorable, and none more so than for werewolves. This month, your task is to write a microfiction (an extremely short piece) based on any one of our prompts.

*

R U L E S

Your entry should be around 200-300 words.

Werewolf is the primary genre of your entry. Secondary genres (e.g. Action / Mystery / Romance) are acceptable too.

Submit your entry in the comment section below. Only one entry allowed per user. Entries posted elsewhere will not be accepted; they must be in the form of comments in this chapter.

The deadline is 31st May. Late entries will not be accepted.

You must use one of the following prompts below:

*

P R O M P T S

Choose any one of these:

Write a flash-fiction about the moment you discover a family secret that's been kept from you your whole life-your family are werewolves, and so are you.

Write a flash-fiction about the moment you meet your mate-the first meeting, the first words exchanged (if any), and the first feelings evoked within you.

Write a flash-fiction about the moment you shift for the first time-a changed appearance, a flash of freedom, and everything new that runs through you.

*

P R I Z E S

Winners will receive a promotion on our main page to ~40'000 followers. The winning entries will also be featured in a chapter of The World of Werewolves.

*

Good luck & happy writing!