Chapter 1

Disclaimer: Except for a few I don't own the characters or 9-1-1, S.W.A.T., or any other here included TV-Series. I also don't earn any money with this story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buck and Street sat pressed against each other. Foots on the coffee table in front of the coach, the last minutes of "Safe Haven" playing. Buck just loved that movie. He didn't really know why after everything Maddie went through, but he just couldn't stop watching the movie ever and ever again. Most times with Street by his side. Said raised his voice as the credits began to roll.

"I was thinking Ev." Buck smiled. He loved it when his boyfriend called him that.

"You were?" Street juggled.

"Yeah, Mr. Superbrain I was. My boss hosts a family dinner next weekend. It..." He didn't come any further. The second he mentioned his boss his boyfriend froze.

"James..." Street stopped him.

"Just hear me out, Buck. Please?" Buck nodded but didn't say anything. His body still tensed.

"It will just be the team and Deacon's wife and children. You love children and eventually, I have to tell them. I would love to tell them, that I am in a relationship with the best man I ever could have thought of. I know you like our privacy and I get that but wouldn't it be nice to meet with friends sometimes? To go out together?"

Buck knew he had a point. He already thought about that himself and they had discussed it endless times but he just couldn't help it. The last time people knew about his relationship, he lost his husband, and well he just never overcame this, even when he found himself able to love again.

Buck sat himself up a bit straighter. He knew Street would see coming what he was about to say.

"James, I love you. I really do, but I can't lose you. I can't live through that again."

Street sight and grabbed his hand. "Evan, look, you know I love you. But it's been four years by the end of the month. I promised you, I would not force you into anything and I'll be dammed if I would break that promise, but please think about it. You are off the whole weekend. It would be a great chance and I promise you nothing bad will happen if they know. All I ask for right now is that you think about it, okay?" Sheepishly Buck nodded.

Deep inside he knew Street was right. He had to come out at one point. In one and another way. And wouldn't Street's team be a good start? He wouldn't have to see them again if it all went wrong.

He grabbed the dog tags. Since Mac died he wore his and his husband's every day. No one expect from Street knew, he had made sure of it. It would have just led to questions he wasn't willing to answer.

He thought about his own Team. About Bobby, Hen, Chim, and Eddie. About all the things he knew about them. How they thought they knew anything about him. He sight. He worked with them for nearly three years. It was time. For them and for him. And Streets Team would be a good practice, wouldn't it?

"I'll come with you.", he blurted out before he could think about it again. Street looked shocked. Like he hadn't expected an answer, let alone an acceptance.

"Are you sure?", he asked while he grabbed Buck's face to look him in the eyes.

"No. But like you said, it is time. My teammates stopped a while ago to even ask. They welcomed me into their family and all I did was lying and hiding. They don't deserve that. And by coming with you this weekend, I can practice, can't I?"

He knew his voice shook, while he spoke but he just didn't care. It was time. Street nodded.

"Thank you, Evan." Buck shook his head.