Nightmares

(The above drawing has been drawn by the author, because she couldn't find a suitable image from internet.)

Saya was running as fast as she could.
"Saya~"
She increased her speed. All she could see around her was darkness. But she didn't care. She has to get away from it. She don't want it to catch her. Not again.
"Saya, run! For me-"
She looked back. That shadow! Darker than the darkness around her. Those two glowing white eyes, roaring and following behind her.

She ran and took sharp turn and took shelter behind a coal black rock. She heard that sound.
"Snap! Crack!" And a few small bits if rock fell over her.
She closed her eyes as tears started rolling down her eyes. She knows those were known as 'guns' making that noise. And she also knows that man use them to kill animals.
She stiffened, as the image of a lifeless, limp body of a certain tiger popped in her head. But man did not just killed the tiger. They killed so many more.

Saya heard a noise. She snapped her eyes open and saw a shadow of a two-legged beast. He pointed a gun towards her.
"Crack!!!"

Saya gasped as she woke up. Her heart was beating louder than anything. She took sometime to figure out where was she and what just happened.
When she realised she was in the jungle, lying on a tree branch, she sighed in relief. But tensed up again. That's the same nightmare she had seen almost tenth time this moon (month).

She closed her eyes as she thought about the incident happened when she was a teenager.
That was the night of the black moon (new moon). Everything was in peace. But suddenly, all the animals, including Saya, heard a sudden rumbling. She didn't know what was it.
All the animals became very scared of that sound. She heard other animals say that it wasa man-made thing known as 'jeep'.

She didn't know what was 'man' back then. But the reaction of other animals made her scared. She ran to Rani, a female tiger who lived with her cub named Cane, and was the only female tiger in the forest.
She was most probably the first animal Saya made friends with. Saya remembers how caring Rani was. She accepted Saya so
easily.
Rani was the first one to tell her about man. She told Saya that these two-leggeds love hunting animals. Sometimes, they hunt them for food or survival, sometimes, only for fun.
Saya was definitely scared. But she refused to leave Rani and Cane.
She heard some cracking noises
And everytime the sound was heard, an animal's painful scream striked her ears.
Suddenly Rani became alert.
"Saya." She called," when I'll ask you to run, you will obey me without any argument." She ordered.

Before Saya could react, four two-leggeds showed up before them. Saya's instincts worked fast, as she hid herself and Cane behind a bush.
Rani growled.
The two-leggeds shouted at each other and one of them pointed a 'shiny thing' towards her. It was long and the bottom was rapped with...... leather. At the narrow edge, there were two pipe like structures.
The man pushed a button on the thing as Rani jumped at him.
The thing roared.
And before Saya knew it, she saw a shiny little thing penetrated through Amila's head as blood splattered through the wholes formed on the both sides off her head. Her body became heavy as she fell on the ground.
She gasped for air. Then her eyes met with Saya's glossy ones. She tried to say," Saya run..... for me an--"

The sentence never ended.

Saya opened her eyes, to find out that she was crying. She escaped that tragedy. Unfortunately, Cane couldn't survive the tragedy's effect. Three days after that, she found a rotten body of the young cub, one who had a cheerful soul, was then nothing else than a meal for the scavengers.

She sighed again as tears pricked in her eyes. That was the reason she started keeping herself low and stopped socializing. She was scared that she would lose the ones she loves.