Page 3: Magic Knight Exams

A/N: Sister Lily shall not be part of the Harem.

A/N 2: Very long chapter, over 10,000 words.

--------------------------------------------

Black Clover - The Three Brothers

--------------------------------------------

"This place is so cool!" Asta couldn't help but gawk at all the sights in the castle town of Kikka, centered around the colosseum where the Magic Knight Exams would be taking place, the trio's destination.

Six months had passed since Asta and Yuno had acquired their grimoires. Yuno's abilities with his Wind Magic had grown even stronger now that he's begun learning spells, which Blake had ended up copying as a byproduct of their training.

What was most interesting was Asta, whose Grimoire seem to have given him the power of what they dubbed "Anti-Magic". That heavy sword of his was able to cut through pretty much any type of magic that Blake threw at him and with a bit of testing was also able to block against and even reflect magic attacks if the flat of the greatsword was used. It also piqued his interest because this wasn't something he could really copy and to Blake felt like the complete opposite of his magic. He thought it to be an amazing power.

It seems all of that strength training Asta did was imperative after all, even Blake had a hard time lifting that sword around, though that could be due to it sapping his magic when he was touching it, but even so.

Then there was that one redhead dude who was helping Asta with his sword technique a while back. What was his name...Fonzie? Blake couldn't remember and with how much that guy ended up nude in one way or another, he'd probably want to just leave it at that. He hopes he finds his fiance, though.

"It is quite a sight." Blake gazed at all the vendors that lined the streets, trying their best to pull in as many customers, whether they be regular residents, hopeful young mages, or tourists coming to see the spectacle of the exam.

The three young men continued walking down the streets, stopping every so often to look at things that interested them.

"Woah, those are some pretty cool swords! I wonder if-" Asta gasped as he looked at the price, reaching almost 300,000 Yul. He turned around meekly. "H-Hey Blake, you wouldn't happen to-

"Not a chance."

"Aww man!" Asta pouted, grumbling to himself, before setting his eyes on a new point of interest. "Is that where the Wizard King lives?"

Blake and Yuno turned their heads to see a faraway castle which even from this distance appeared massive and luxurious, surrounded by tall walls and an arrangement of large trees beyond said walls.

"It's probably where the Country's King lives as well." Yuno added

"Considering it's the biggest and nicest place around here by a mile, it's probably where all the royal families live. How typical." Blake said.

"It's a pretty nice place, can't wait till I'm living in it!" Asta spoke

Yuno rolled his eyes. "You'll be waiting a long time, since I'll be living there."