14

Love's POV:

I was at the supermarket. I'd gone early to but a few things to make waffles for tomorrow's waffle day.

I grabbed a package of chocolate chips and accidentally knocked one down with my elbow.

"Shit." I cursed leaning down to pick it up.

I straightened up and met face to face with a pair of blue eyes and curly hair.

"Lando?" I looked at him and he smiled a little bit.

"Hey Love." He spoke and I raised my eyebrows, why was he here? "I...I was just buying a few things and saw you, thought I'd come over and say hello." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Okay..."

"I'm sorry about everything." He spoke and I sighed.

"Lando, we've already talked about this."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry. I just screwed everything up, can we start over again?" He asked, his eyes glistening as he gave me this sad puppy look.

"Of course." I smiled and he smiled back.

"Alright, I'm Lando Norris, nice to meet you." He extended his hand.

"Lovelyn Leclerc, a pleasure." I shook his hand and he chuckled softly

"Okay new friend, there's a party this Friday, you should definitely come." He spoke and I nodded.

"I'll think about it." I raised my head slightly.

"Oh, and save me some waffles. I know it's waffle day tomorrow." He spoke and I chuckled.

"You can come if you want to." I told him and he tilted his head.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I don't think Charles would mind." I shrugged.

[...]

"Waffle day is our thing. Our thing! Like in siblings. You just ruined waffle day!" He exclaimed and I rolled my eyes at his dramatic behavior.

"It's not that big of a deal, we sometimes invite people." I tried not giving it too much importance.

"Yeah, like me." Lance spoke shrugging.

"It's different with you." Charles looked at Lance.

"Awww, am I family?" Lance put his hands on his chest and Charles glared at him. "Forgot I even spoke."

"Alright, then I'll invite a friend to waffle day." Charles raised his eyebrows and I felt a wave of panic invade me. "I'll call Pierre." He walked off and Lance's head snapped towards me.

"Unexpected crossover there." Lance joked and I put my hands on my face.

"He can't call Pierre. Things between Lando and him aren't exactly great and I think it's 'cause of me." I whispered.

"You think?" He raised his eyebrows and I hit his arm. "Ow!"

"Lance, what do I do?"

"Lando is just your friend, right?" He asked and I nodded. "There, no problem at all."

"Yeah." I furrowed my brows nodding. "Makes sense." I shrugged. "It doesn't have to be uncomfortable."

[...]

Charles flipped the waffles as he sent a glare towards Lando.