Let The Games Begin

I knew we had arrived at our destination when a large thud shook the boat and a loud horn blew causing me to fall over, I stumbled out of the tiny closet, dusted myself off and joined the rest of the group with my bag.

The colourful ninja stood out like a sore thumb amongst the rest of us, the green one caught my eye specifically, Id never met him before. I knew them all by name the red ninja was Kai master of fire, the blue one was Jay he could control electricity, the white ninja was missing Im sure everyone knew why and Cole was master of earth, naturally, but the green ninja, I didnt recognize him.

We all followed Clause our 'guide' off the boat and onto the island. There was a massive building almost like a temple before us, the house of noodles is what Jay called it and it was magnificent. What seemed to be students were training on platforms like the steps of a pyramid and the outer most walls were tall and black. It resembled a palace and in all honestly it scared me.
21 elemental masters all shuffled into the large hall which looked like it had been entirely plated in gold. We were led to sit in a large circle with Clause standing off in the distance waiting for Master Chen, our host, who had not yet arrived. The room was silent aside from the soft whispering between the green ninja and a man I almost instantly recognized
Master Garmadon

A gong was struck and the ninja fell silent looking foward as Clause spoke "all rise for Master Chen" he directed our eyes up to a literal throne also made of gold being suspended from the ceiling and lowered down to the ground. Damn talk about a dramatic entrance I thought watching how this supposed master looked like a giddy child hanging in the air while some cheap record played what was supposed to be the prerecorded sound of trumpets you'd hear when announcing the royal family or any other person of importance. We all stood up just as this makeshift throne touched its wooden platform and Master Chen greeted us all

"welcome to the tournament of elements." I had to hide my snort behind a cough which earned me a glare from Clause. Never in my life had I heard a voice as hilarious as the one that belonged to this supposed man. It was high pitched an non surprisingly VERY irritating. "Now everyone can all DIE-" as he said that he pointed to the two thugs behind us and the room erupted in gasps. "rect your attention to me" his laugh had me wanting to actually hurl. He was the definition of a man child and it gave me major ick.
I followed the moves of everyone else, sitting down when they did and I head Master Garmadon whisper to the green boy beside him

Thats when it clicked...
THATS LLOYD GARMADON
Now it all made sense, I had never had the privilege of meeting him before like I had with the other ninja but it was finally starting to come together in my mind. I zoned out for a bit of Master Chen's speech but can you blame me. His voice is annoying as hell and I was too busy trying not to look at the eyes that were currently burning holes into the side of my head. Coles eyes. He couldn't figure out who I was that much was evident but I could tell he recognized me somewhat , some could argue I knew him better that he knew himself but that couldn't be further from the truth. Infact I didnt know him not one bit because the Cole I knew wouldn't do what he did all those years ago.
"but we cant forget about Y/N master of crystal lovely to see you dear"

The audible "WHAT" made me laugh unironically in my head, I knew he'd react like that he had always been easy to read.
"the symbol you see before you is for the anacondrai fiercest warrior to ever roam this land. Its creed only one can remain" gongs rung out again this time it made me want to jump out of my skin and the golden circle opened to reveal a score board of sorts. Its obvious that would determine our placements throughout the tournament and I felt a slight shiver of excitement wash over my body. It had been a while since I fought against anyone other than Tox it would be an interesting challenge.

"behold a jade blade, here it represents life, obtain it? Move on, allow your apponant to take it? Loser. The rules are simple, every match will be different, no two fights will be the same. Your powers will keep you in the tournament use it or lose it"

Hah we'll see about that

If I was going to win this tournament I was going to do it without my abilities, there was no way I was going to give some ego maniac the satisfaction of seeing my power in action. But a small part of me deep down had a wicked desire to see the look on Cole's face when he saw what I could do

Hes not the only special one now not by a long shot