The Mark Of The Anacondrai

It took both Lloyd and I's strength to help Garmadon up from the ground. The spells been completed and we didn't have much time to ponder on our supposed failure at rescuing Skylar when the goons we'd captured, now all big purple snake men, came running at us.

All 20 of us, sans Kai, fought against them trying to hold our position but our elemental powers did little to keep the new Anacondrai soldiers at bay. So we retreated to the palace, barricading the doors. Jay was pushed to the ground right as they closed the doors but a flash of purple had him jumping to his feet screaming "Snake among us" "No don't! It's my dad" Lloyd didn't even spare a second before jumping in front of his father to protect him.

"first it was four arms, then you became a dragon. Would you mind picking a body and sticking with it PLEASE?!" Jay whined.
I had to resist the urge to send a glare his way, now really wasn't the time for one of his meltdowns
We stood there for what felt like forever trying to keep the doors closed and hold off the swarm of anacondrai when suddenly the banging and the screams just stopped. They had stuck some of their swords through the wood and I had to dodge a few in the process but just as fast as they almost broke through the banging stopped and everyone fell silent.

I stared skeptically at the doors
This must be some sort of trap
Right?

Dozens of purple blades stayed stuck, unmoving in the holes they pierced through the wood of the doors and Nya was the first to break the silence. "Where did they go?". Coke tried to open the door but I slapped his hand right as Jay moved to stop him, the door banging closed once again "Are you trying to get us killed?" I whispered harshly at him.

Turner turned around and sped up the ladder allowing him to reach the top of the wall to see what was going on and the rest of us followed suit all curious as to where our purple does had disappeared to. We were met with the sight of them all leaving in hover copters, the only way off of the island trapping us in the process.

"Take care of the island it's yours" Chen laughed before flying off at top speed. The rest of his goons shot beams at us causing everyone duck for cover including myself. I nose dived towards the edge of the wall when a heavy body collided with mine. A pair of green eyes stared into mine, the owners body acting as a shield for any stray beam that may have come our way and a green bubble of energy encased us.

I couldn't help but get lost in the colour, so vibrant yet so soft, his gentle gaze never leaving mine. "Oi" Coke yelled at us breaking the tranquility that had fallen over the two of us.
"This- this is just priceless " Jay yelled throwing his hands in the air as Lloyd helped pull me to my feet. "He took the rotojet and all of the plane copters"

"What have we done" Nya gasped and Turner didn't hesitate to remind us that we all have families in Ninjago
"Families that aren't gonna be around for much longer if we don't do something about this" I chipped in
"Your father was right Lloyd, we thought we had the upper hand but our guard was down and look what happened" I hung my head in silence slipping my hand into Cole's giving him a sympathetic glance, we were both worried about the same thing or better yet about the same person

Our dad

"NOBODY LISTENS TO ME!" Jay shouted as he paced up and down the edge of the wall
"Jay would you please keep quiet?" I snapped back, voice laced with irritation. "I'll go alone" I stared at Lloyd dumbfounded, there's absolutely no way he just volunteered to take on Chens ENTIRE army

"No absolutely not" I protested and Lloyd quickly tried to justify his actions pulling the
I'm the only one with an elemental dragon card but before anyone could agree with him Zane came to our rescue, sitting proudly on top of a dragon composed entirely of ice

"Not anymore!" He shouted, bringing a new sense of hope with him