Those Scars Are New

When the four ninja landed on their feet in the secret passageway Cole has somehow managed to discover Kai lit his hand on fire to allow them to see just a little bit better.
"nice work Cole, maybe Zane's not on the island but in it."
The group heard grunting as if someone was fighting and they immediately went to check it out but Lloyd was drawn in the opposite direction by something else. A melody floated through the corridor, someone was singing and for some reason he felt the undeniable urge to find out who.
Following the angelic voice he found some peepholes looking into a bedroom, everything was pastel pink giving him sort of an idea on who this room belonged too. His suspicion was confirmed when he looked down slightly to see none other than Y/N siting on her bed, dressed in grey sweatpants and a black spaghetti strap shirt with headphones on as she seemed to be scribbling away at what looked like a drawing. He couldn't see from his position what the drawing was but it didnt matter since what caught his attention next had his eyes widening in shock and maybe even just a little bit of fear.
"what you looking at Lloyd?" Cole asked which had Lloyd shushing him violently
"come check this out" he whispered and pulled Cole towards the peepholes so that he could look aswell.
Directly down her spine Y/N had a number of symbols, most likely old ninjagoen but Lloyd wasnt quite sure since half of it was covered by her shirt, burned into her skin. Like a form of branding all though it was quite obvious they had been there for quite a while since the skin had long since turned a pale white colour.
"those were never there before" Cole whispered he felt sick to his stomach. As his mind descended into a whirlwind of chaos. She was his sister and yet he was never there to protect her,

He should have been there to protect her

Y/N was lightly bopping her head to the music flooding through her headphones, a song only she could hear as she sang along to the words in perfect tune.
Cole was shaking, not from fear, from anger. "where do you think she got them from?" he asked, his voice trembling
"Im not too sure, I cant read the full inscription... Cole are you okay?" to say Lloyd was concerned for his friend was an understatement, he was beyond worried. He'd never seen Cole so angry before and though he tried to hide it he was doing a terrible job.
"Ill find them, Ill find them. And Ill kill them if I have to. No one does that to my baby sister"
Cole stormed off but Lloyd lingered a little longer. Something about her voice enraptured him and for some reason he couldn't get himself to leave. Its no secret she was beautiful but something about her intrigued him and he couldn't place his finger on what it was but he was determined to find out

One way or another

When Lloyd joined the rest of the group he found a very distraught Kai. They had found out Skylor was a elemental master of fire meaning that somehow she was supposedly related to Kai and Kai was not very happy about that.

They kept moving, still fixated on their present mission but now the only one with his head in the game was Jay which never ended well. Three of the four ninja all had different things on their minds, or well two had the same person atleast.
Cole was still brooding about his sister, his anger simmering longer leaving him more and more likely to have an outburst somewhere along the line but that was okay, he planmed to take all of his anger out on whoever hurt her the moment he found them
Lloyd also had Y/N on his mind but for a different reason, he was trying to figure out why his heart was pushing him to go back, go look at her again, go hear her voice again.
Kai was wallowing in his own self pity that the girl he liked somehow ended up being related to him, trying and failing to justify them not being related in any way he could possibly come up with but it was no use.

"gah, its like a maze down here" Kai commented but they kept walking. Eventually they ended up in a stone tunnel and Lloyd stopped Kai before he could set off one of the trip wire booby traps. "everyone stop!" Lloyd called out grabbing Kai by the shoulder.

"haha booby traps, even cooler" they all just shot Jay an unimpressed look and he quickly back tracked "oh I didn't mean cool, I mean theyre totally not cool you know cus theyre dangerous" laughing nervously Lloyd just rolled his eyes and sighed.
"from here on out we have to watch our step" he warned but Kai was more concerned with the noises he was hearing a few meters away. "do you hear that" he asked pointing his fire in the direction hoping to see what it was. "everyone be quiet"

It sounded like
Chanting?

But what for?
The four followed the noise ignoring their instincts that were screaming to go in the opposite directing away from the strange noise. Hiding behind a rock they all popped only their heads out to get a closer look at what was going on and ended up hijacking four of the guards to steal their outfits as disguises.

They made their way into a large cave that had bewn carved out to look like a temple with a stone snake head, similar to the one in oraborras where the great devourer was unleashed, acting as a passageway. Claus stood before the group of soldiers all chanting and rocking back and forth in some sort of ritual while they waited for something to happen.
Master Chen came marching down the flight of steps and as he slammed the staff of elements down onto the ground the group all fell to their knees including the Ninja.
"bring out the LOSER" he commanded and Karloff still in his metalic form was dragfed up to master Chen by two other guards. He struggled shouting for them to get their hands off of him but it fell on deaf ears as they threw his at master Chens feet.
Confused the four ninja watched the ugly sight of Master Chen taking Karloffs elemntal ability storing it in the staff leaving Karloff a weak crying mess on the ground.

Karloff was sent to work in the factory and the Ninja again watched in horror as he was dragged off. But they had a bigger problem to worry about. The chocolate they had used to paint facial tattoos onto their faces was quickly melting and revealing their identities. And the other guards were quick to notice
"who are they"
The murmering caught Chen and Claus' attention but before they could get a good look at them the four had already turned and ran out of the cave sprinting faster than they knew they could. "intruders!" Claus yelled and the ninja barely made it out.

After being chased by guards and a massive snake the ninja finally made it back to Kai's room heaving as they all lay on Kai's bed still in their disguises.
"are we?" Kai askes
"yeah" Lloyd confirmed

"no more sneaking around, from now on lets just follow the rules" Jay complained.
After a while they all went back to their respective rooms
Awaiting what the tournament would have planned for them the next day