Earth Vs Lighting

The crowd cheered as Cole and Jay both got right to fighting each other almost immediately, cutting off Master Chen mid-sentence as he introduced the competitors.
Jay shot a bolt of lightning Cole's way and Cole slammed his hands against the ground causing it to rumble and almost knock Jay off of his feet.
It was brutal and I could barely watch, Jay taunted Cole calling him the least valuable Ninja which had me boiling with rage. How dare he say that to my brother.

Before I knew it I was on my feet cheering Cole on, sure we had our issues but that was my brother so naturally I would side with him until my dying breath. Lights flashed and all you could hear was rock crashing and lightning buzzing blocking out the cheers of the crowd that had gathered.

Eventually, this fight turned into a test of strength, it was no longer about which element was better because both were equally as strong, now it was left to the capabilities of the bearers. Back and forth Cole would gain a burst of energy and push Jay back then Jay would do the same with Cole. But in the end, Cole prevailed, having super strength and all. He pushed back hard and knocked Jay down which had the crowd cheer even louder, then it was like he suddenly snapped out of it a reeled backward "What are we doing? I don't want you out. You're not my enemy Chen is." he said but Jay wouldn't buy it
"oh sure lower my guard by pretending to be my friend, then swoop in to steal the prize. Typical Cole maneuver"
Angry, Jay got back on his feet stalking towards Cole, his hatred and anger fueling the electricity coming from his hands
"I never meant to hurt you, Jay. If I knew it would destroy our friendship, Id take it all back"
Cole was still trying to bargain with Jay, he agreed with me this had gone on long enough. He just wanted his friend back.
"Well, if we're being honest, I was upset about losing Nya, but I take the blame for that. I was more upset about losing you. We used to be good friends."
"the best! Right? We should have been honest with each other, instead of bottling this up"
"agreed. But how are we supposed to stop fighting? We can't both win."
"well, maybe we can draw it out till they call it a tie. Quick, attack me but not hard"

Jay screamed and ran towards Cole, disappointed since for a second it looked almost like they were sorting out their differences but clearly not. That was until I noticed how they were fighting, they weren't trying to hurt each other.
I shook Lloyds shoulder pointing it out to him "Look, do you see what I see" I said and he just gave me a look "Yeah they're fighting"
"no, but look at how they're fighting, it's like they're not in it anymore" he nodded and turned to observe them as well, I knew he'd seen what I saw when his eyes lit up and we smiled at each other. Things might be okay after all.

If only they were able to keep the charade up because the sound of Master Chen shouting let us know he was not impressed and before we could even think twice he'd already pressed a button on his throne releasing some of his servants in their death cars. They resembled scorpions and drove circles around Cole and Jay. Together they did spinjitzu taking out one car after the other fighting together instead of on their own.

"enough! I know what you are trying to do. If neither of you will win, then both of you will lose!" Master Chen then jumped onto his chair and began pressing a bunch of different buttons. The tiles of the arena began falling away one by one revealing an endless abyss below it." no no no no no no no" I whispered under my breath before getting up "RUN COLE!" I shouted earning a glare from Master Chen and Claus.
Cole and Jay were backed up against each other as the little bit of floor they had left to stand on grew smaller and smaller.
"We can't both lose" Cole insisted
"Chens right, there can only be one"
"And it should be you" Jay agreed.
"you and I know I'm lucky to have even made it this far. You take the Jade Blade."
Cole then made a run for the blade hopping onto different parts of the floor that hadn't been removed yet. I was sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation, one wrong move and he would be gone. In record time he made it to the pole and climbed up as fast as he could. Cole's hand wrapped around the hilt of the blade as he pulled it up and faltered for a second before tossing it as hard as he could.

No

No

NO

The blade landed in Jay's hand just as Master Chen announced "Winner!"
Pronouncing Cole the loser letting him fall through a trap door with just the push of a button

"COLE" I shouted running forward only to get pulled back into a firm chest, strong arms wrapped around my frame as I cried, my brother was gone, he's gone.