5|FIVE

"This intolerable stupid punk." Aahil spat loudly upon seeing Zaviyar doing nothing to help him fix his laptop. Zaviyar, who on the other hand was busy typing away in his laptop, glanced at him for a millisecond before he turned to the papers laid on his left.

His eyes sore and his face red– anyone could say that he was overexerting himself. He had started to come to the office a while earlier than his usual reporting time and left later at night. Although a few of his employees found his behavior odd, they dared not to say a word before him, he was their boss after all. And when Aahil tried to ask about his unusual behavior he just reasoned that he was working hard on the upcoming project which he did. But he wasn't a man who could lie to himself. Things could happen, the world could shift but Zaviyar Ali Dawar could never lie to himself. He had been escaping from the house earlier before his mother came down and went back late in hope to catch the glimpse of the girl on the balcony.

"Quit howling like a wild dog, Aahil." He deadpanned, taking a sip of his drink and placing it back on the table. Aahil rolled his eyes at his friend and closed the flap of his laptop– utterly annoyed with how the day was turning out.

"What a shame."

Zaviyar shook his head at his friend's remark and shut his eyes closed when numbness shot through his left leg that he had to stand up from his seat and walk around his office with the cup of his black coffee in his hand, eyeing Aahil sulk every now and then.

"How can you expect a machine to work so flawlessly when it's almost a century old?" He scoffed.

"Do you want me to laugh at it?" Aahil raised a brow at him only to get returned a brow raise, "Ha ha ha. Happy now?"

"Very much."

Snorting at the reply, Zaviyar got up to leave for the university for another session of seminar. He was clueless. He had no idea what made him say yes to the management when he could have clearly said no. He just wanted to try it out. He just wanted to breathe in the university air that was filled with the stench of sweat and passion. He wanted to feel what he felt during his university days. He just wanted to do it again. However, coincidentally and fortunately he bumped into a woman that spoke her mind– who didn't cower back even when she knew of his identity. She didn't sugarcoat his presence.

But then he found himself being attracted to her. It was as though he expected to see her everywhere. His eyes waited and looked for to spot that one woman who had been making her own space in her heart and unbeknownst to her, she had already made it. She made him feel things he thought he would never feel. His heart pounded heavily every time he thought about her. Every time. Everyday. He would sit on the concrete bench at the tail of their street, waiting for her to show up on the balcony but she never did after that night.

He didn't know what to say to her and Daniyal when he asked about Noorul Ain but something told him to not lie to her and that if he did, it would only break her in the end. Zaviyar Ali Dawar could do anything but he had come to realize that he couldn't tolerate a scratch on that woman. Would he grow to love her too? Would that be fair to Noorul Ain?

"I thought your sessions were over." Aahil looked up from the papers, seeing him assembling things to get ready to leave.

"I extended it."

Aahil narrowed his eyes at his friend before bidding and turning his attention back to the papers he had in his hands. He knew his friend was feeling something for the woman he saw at their house warming party. It was in the looks– it was in the eyes Zaviyar looked at her and it took him no longer than a second to realize Zaviyar's inner turmoil. Zaviyar and Noorul Ain weren't entirely engaged except they only had a small baat pakhi ceremony at their old place when he was still in the university even though he clearly mentioned the fact that he wouldn't marry Noorul Ain or anyone for that matter.