13|THIRTEEN

"Miss Kamran, you can go home." Was the first thing that he heard when he stepped onto his floor. With Aahil on his tail, Zaviyar stopped on his track to find Maheen talking to his assistant as if she didn't realize his presence in the same vicinity as her, except she knew- the stiffness in her shoulders was not inevident.

Leaning against one of the empty cubicles, he waited until Maha was done and gone back to her seat to talk to her but Maheen didn't waste a second and ran away, knowing that his very own childhood friend was watching him stare at her and as if the heat that kept growing and hot on her skin under his intent stare was not a straight give away. Maheen was supposed to leave, instead she found herself walking to the lunchroom to fix herself a drink before she walked out of the company so she could have something to blame on for the red pigments on the apple of her cheeks.

Just when she was about to put the pod into the coffee maker, a hand swept it away from her hands. Frowning at the audacity, Maheen turned to her left to find him hovering over her- completely hiding her from anyone's sight as he stood like a barrier between the woman he loved and the rest of the world. His eyes noticed the flavor of it and a smirk birthed on his face.

"I happen to like this one, let me brew it for myself first. You can carry on after that." He cleared his throat- tease dripping from his tone. However, Maheen was not in the mood to take shit from him.

"I came here first so I will go first." She protested, unwilling to give into his absurd demands.

"But I own this company." Trying so hard and his best to contain his facial reflexes, he kept his gaze fixated on her so he could drink all her minutest features and be able to remember it later in life. Later if he messed it up and she wasn't his anymore.

"You don't sell your ownership to me, not when I'm trying so hard for a cup of coffee."

"Oh? So why do you need it?" He attempted to push her last nerve again, only she was far from her last nerve. Tapping the pad of her fingers against the countertop, she waited patiently until he was done looking at her.

"Because right now, you're driving me crazy." She huffed, moving away from him so that she wouldn't be intimidated by his overwhelming and close presence.

Zaviyar was being extra careful after Taimoor's incident. He was careful because he didn't want to cause any inconveniences to her when he was with her. He wanted nobody to talk about it and no way in hell did he want to be the reason anyone talked about it. It had been four days since that night and it had been two days since Rayyan and his mother went back to their home and he couldn't be any more happier than he already was. He would utilize this time to get closer to her, to know her.

"Why didn't you come when I called you into my office this morning?" He drawled, pretending to be hurt though the glimmer in his eyes said otherwise.

"I'm not your assistant and interns don't get to meet the president on their second week of internship," The coffee machine roared as it processed the coffee pod and the liquid poured out. He eyed the oozing coffee for a split second before he settled to look at her, "It would be suspicious if I had just walked in."

"And what made you think I called you for myself?" He chuckled, knowing well that he did. There was a second reason that he would use as the prime one for now.

"You didn't?" She narrowed her gaze at him- one that said to not mess with her mind.

"Technically yes but there's also another reason. I called you in for Daniyal." So effortlessly immersing her in a conversation, he worked towards making a cup of coffee for her. He peeled another pod from the stand– one that tasted less bitter and more heavenly and put it in the maker.