7|SEVEN

He was exhausted. Zaviyar was so exhausted that he wanted to fall on his bed and sleep to cease his mind from having conflicts. He waited for her- Zaviyar waited for Maheen for almost forty minutes. He waited as long as he could delay the session but he was welcomed by empty air. Maheen Layah Kamran walked out on him. He was going to talk to her about what he had been feeling elaborately after the session. He wanted to tell her that he was falling in love and only a few steps away from being completely in love with her.

Love. It wasn't something that fancied him until she waltzed into his life. It was very close to not existing until he met with her eyes and looked into it, looking for her soul. Love. It wasn't something he wanted to do anything with. And the man who barely even smiled at things was now smiling by himself. No one in his own family showed him what true love was. He saw no love between his parents as he grew up and the only example he took for love was burnt to ashes. He saw his sister's love life wearing out, putting an end to his quest for love. He was ready- he was almost ready to fall in love when Ahlah and her ex husband were still together but now whenever he looked at his little niece he could only feel rage towards himself and his former brother in law. He would have broken his jaws and crushed it to dust had it not been for Ahlah.

And when he reached his house- his suit jacket hanging loosely on his forearm, his tie loosened and a button on the top opened, he saw little Hala playing alone with her water ball in the streets. Frowning at her sister's carelessness, he picked Hala in his arms and carried her inside when she fumble talked about a kind aapi she met a while ago, increasing his interest in the little girl's blabber. Hala had always had a closed off personality that not only bothered her mother but also her grandparents and the only one she bonded really well after her mother was her Zavi mamu.

"Zavi mamu, apka phone gur gur kar raha hai." She made a face when his phone vibrated from inside his pocket. He giggled at the little one's antics and put her down, taking his phone from his pocket and seeing the caller. He bent down to her face level and flicked her right cheek carefully enough to not hurt her.

"Let's go get your favourite candy floss tomorrow, okay?" Hala jumped in her place excitedly, throwing her hands in air. Zaviyar straightened up.

"And ice cream too?"

"And ice cream too," He ruffled her hair, "Now go and play and yes no going outside." Happy, Hala threw the ball on the floor and ran upstairs, looking for her nani when his phone went off once again.

Shaking his head in disbelief, he took the call and walked towards the stairs to get to his room. Ahlah was nowhere to be found and he didn't know where she left her guest to entertain themselves, however, he was in no mood to entertain others so he did what he would usually do to escape people. He turned off the lights near the door to lawn and was only about to hit the staircase- still on the phone- when someone bumped into him. The scent was so distant yet so familiar. His phone was a lost case as it laid broken near the staircase. He looked up from his broken phone only to find the woman who had transgressed in to the thoughts of his days and dreams of nights. Not that he slept soundlessly to have one.

A smile was only about to break out when he remembered what happened earlier and despair filled him. Zaviyar Ali Dawar was a man of morals- a man to never tolerate swearing and lies. With one look into her eyes, was he able to tell that she lied about attending the sessions. He waited there like a fool. He waited there like he owned the place. He waited until Waleed sahb had to push him to begin. There was no place for humiliation but there was no place for giggles too. He was not hurt, he couldn't bear the weight of lie she twined to fool him and how he trusted her for it to actually work. He didn't hear the fluttering of his heart or feel the butterflies in his stomach. So he took a step closer to her with a motive to pin her against the wall. Just when the back of head was about to hit the wall, he made his palm into a barrier so she wouldn't hurt herself.