Chapter 3

It's been two and a half months since Dottie has been with the Weasley's. Every day she helps around the house with chores, so far she's been able to sneakily send a few letters to her mother and brother, her mother has also sent money to the Weasley's as a thank you for taking care of her.

She stands in the doorway, her arms crossed over her chest and a smirk on her face as she watches the group that consists of George, Fred, Ron and Harry walk through the door talking amongst themselves in hushed tones.

"Where have you been?" Comes the booming voice of Molly.

Dorothy watches the scene unfold with an amused smile, the twins looks over at her pleadingly but she just shrugs and walks over to stand beside Molly.

"Beds empty, no note, car gone. You could have crashed! Out of my mind with worry- did you care? Never has long has I have lived... you wait until your father gets home, we never had trouble like this from Bill or Charlie or Percy... You could have been seen! Of course, I don't blame you, Harry, dear."

"Perfect Percy."

"Jealous." Dorothy says with a cough making every look at her, she clears her throat, "Excuse me, had something stuck in my throat."

"Dot-" The twins try to call out after her as she walks away.

The twins huff as they sit on either side of Dorothy who smirks as she stirs the sugar in her tea, "Could've helped us out a little, Dot."

"Yeah, we'll remember this." Fed says pointing at her.

She just shrugs and sips from her cup watching as Ginny walks down the stairs stopping dead in her tracks when she sees Harry sat at the table. She finishes her toast and gets up placing her dish on the rack after she cleans it off.

The last thing she hears as she walks up stairs to go find Ginny is, "Morning, Weasley's." And the huff of annoyance from Molly.

When she gets to her shared room with Ginny she finds her dark owl perched in the window, she carefully takes the envelope from its beak and opens it to read the letter.

Dear Dottie,

Father hasn't gotten better yet, he's still in a foul mood. Mother's been crying non-stop, saying how she won't be able to see you off for your fourth year and how I'll be alone on the train ride-which I was last year since you were with the Weasley's.

Mother's been trying to convince father to let you home, and there's no easy way to say this but...

Father's burnt your name off the tapestry. But, you look lovely as a scorch mark, it really... brings out your eyes? Anyway, I'll see you at Diagon Alley hopefully; if I see you and Father is around I'll let you know so you can leave.

Love, Draco.

She sighs and puts the letter on top of the others, "What happened downstairs?" She asks Ginny with a raised brow.

"W-What? N...Nothing, absolutely nothing."

"Whatever you say." She says in a sing-song voice.

The door bursts open and the twins stands there, both glaring at Dorothy, "We've got to de-gnome because of you, and you can help."

She thinks for a moment but they give her no choice George swings her over his shoulder, "Georgie! Put me down!"

"Nope." He says

Fred skips beside them and Moly watches with an amused smile as Dorothy huffs and crosses her arms, "I'm not touching any gnomes!"

"Fine," Fred muses, "You can sit and watch."

"George!" Molly calls, "Put the poor girl down!"

George rolls his eyes and drops her to the floor reaching out a hand to steady her, "We're practicing Quidditch tonight, we need our best Chaser to help out."

"Okay, see you later." Before they can stop her she sprints back into the Burrow making them roll their eyes in sync.