Chapter 6

"So, I was thinking if we change these two around, and have Fred come up this way, to protect-"

"Pardon me, Professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?"

Dorothy and the few Quidditch players she was talking to stop as they watch Umbridge and McGonagall talk on the steps outside the Great Hall, "I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices."

"So, silly of me," Umbridge says taking a step up to be higher than McGonagall, "But it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva."

Professor McGonagall takes a large step up, "Not at all, Dolores, merely you're medieval methods."

"I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the ministry and by extension the Minister himself. I am a tolerant women, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty."

"Disloyalty." McGonagall scoffs, taking a step down.

Dolores turns to look at the crowd that has formed around them, "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action."

~~~~~

"You can't do this."

The students crowd around the courtyard watching as Umbridge stands proud and tall in front of Professor Trelawney. Professor McGonagall pushes through the crowd and takes the Divinisation Professor in her arms.

"Sixteen years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home, you can't do this."

"Actually, I can," She watches the Gryffindor head of house glare at her, "Something you'd like to say?"

"Oh, there are several things I'd like to say?"

The doors open and Dumbledore struts out, his robes flying behind him, "Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?"

Trelawney nods in thanks as McGonagall escorts her towards the castle, "Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Education Decree Number-"

"You have the right to dismiss my staff. You do not, however, have the right to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster."

"For now."

~~~~~

"Dorothy Malfoy- sorry, Black- has the Quaffel, this is her first House match as the Quidditch Captain, and I'm glad it's here because if I had to go over her strategies one more time I would've-"

"Jordan."

"Right, anyway, Black has the Quaffel, she passes to Johnson, who passes to Black who passes to Spinet- who scores! 20-0 to Gryffindor."

Dorothy grins as she dives down to catch the Quaffel again, she shoots upwards and before the Ravenclaw Keeper can think of anything she scores.

After another two hours of scoring Dorothy grins when she hears, "And Harry Potter has caught the snitch! 240-60 for Gryffindor! What a match!"

Dorothy laughs as the twins take her into a large hug, "Now will you finally let the team sleep?"

She pretends to think for a moment as they walk to the changing rooms, "No."