Chapter 12

It's time for the final task, Dorothy stands with her Gryffindor Quidditch jumper, a Hufflepuff scarf and Phillip's Drumstrang hat. She grins at Phillip as the pair stand beside the twins.

"Who do you reckon will win?" George asks her.

She shrugs and unwraps the scarf to let it fall down instead of wrap around her neck, "I think Harry has a good chance."

"Really?"

"And I'm not being biased because he's like my little brother, I just think he actually has a chance."

"Silence!" They stop talking and look up at Dumbledore, "Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup within the maze, only he knows the exact position. Now, as Mr. Diggory... and Mr. Potter, are tied for first positon, they will be first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum... and Miss. Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner."

The crowd cheers, Beauxbaton's for Fleur, Drumstrang for Krum and then Hogwarts for both of their champions. "I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. If any contestant wishes to withdraw from the task, he or she need only to send up red sparks with their wand."

Dumbledore calls over the contestants and they whisper amongst each other until he sends them off again, "Prepare yourselves!"

"On the count of three. One..."

Filch sets off the canon early making Dumbledore give him a look telling him he's completely done. Dorothy watches as Harry disappears in the maze, an unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach.

~~~~~

Dorothy sits with her head resting against George's shoulder as she attempts to stay awake, Phillip left to sit with some of his friends around an hour ago leaving her with the twins. "Do you think he's okay? Fleur looked pretty shaken."

George wraps his arm around her for warmth, the pair are currently huddled under his jacket as they didn't exactly expect to be out here for so long, "He'll be fine. He's Harry Potter, the boy who lived, he'll be fine."

Dorothy nods her head, "Yeah, he'll be fine."

Suddenly, a flash enters the field and Harry and Cedric fall to the floor. They all jump up and cheer, Dorothy and the twins running towards them to celebrate.

But she stops dead when she sees the Hufflepuff, he lays cold and unmoving, his eyes staring upwards, "Cedric?" She whispers.

Cho Chang pushes through beside her and gasps when she sees his state.

Dorothy places a comforting hand on Cho's shoulder as Harry's loud sobs replace the music, "He's back! He's back! Voldemort's back! Cedric... he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him- not there!"

Harry's sobs only grow louder causing Cho to begin to sob too. "Hey, Cho, it'll be okay." Dorothy says softly.

Although she's only had a few conversations with the girl they get along quite well, she wouldn't call them friends more, acquaintances, but seeing anybody cry over their boyfriend would make Dorothy want to comfort them.

"Out of the way! It's my boy! That's my boy!" Amos' wails and cries for his son soon drown out Harry's sobs as Harry is dragged away from the field.

Dorothy bites her trembling lip as a few tears escape her eyes. George places a hand on her shoulder and Fred ruffles her hair as they watch her comfort the Ravenclaw.

~~~~~

"Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss," Dorothy sits between the twins listening to Dumbledore, the hall is silent as they remember the loss of Cedric Diggory, "Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard-working infinitely fair-minded, and, most importantly, a... fierce, fierce friend. I think there for you have the right to know how he died."

Dorothy intakes a sharp breath as George's hand finds hers, he gives it a little squeeze and she squeezes back, "You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered, by Lord Voldemort. The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one."

"In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that, and we will celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave, true, right to the very end."

~~~~~

"Promise you'll right?" Phillip asks as he exchanges addresses with Dorothy.

She nods and slips the piece of paper into her pocket.

He smiles and raises a hand to her cheek. He dips his head down and kisses her on the lips making her eyes widen and a small squeal escape her.

He pulls away just as quick and smile before kissing her cheek and walking away with Victor.

Dorothy's face goes a bright red as she looks around at her friends who are giggling at her, Hermione and Ginny hurry over but her eyes wander to see if a certain red head had spotted the kiss.

And, for some reason, when she notices his back was turned, she breathes a sigh of relief.