2. 𝑻𝒆𝒔𝒕

Authors Note: Art for this chapter is from Pinterest :)

*********************************************There were rows and rows of tents with signs above and below

There were rows and rows of tents with signs above and below.

BOWLING CLUB

FUTURE MEDICS CLUB

DEBATE TEAM

ENVIRONMENTAL CLUB

CHESS CLUB

The chess club tent was placed in the middle of the of all the tents. Club presentations were spread out across the campus court yard between large patches of grass and side walks. Students were walking up down, asking questions, signing their names on forms, and speaking with the professors who were moderators.

"How are we feeling about this year?" Professor Asuma Sarutobi asked the group of five. Rock Lee smiled "I have a good feeling, we've been practicing during summer break when we could and going over chess plays". Shikamaru nodded "It was a drag but I agree, we've been putting in the work to make regionals this year".

Professor Kakashi Hatake smiled "Do you think we'll get any serious new members?" he asked the group.

Hinata frowned "I don't know...not many people seem to know chess".

Neji smirked "It's also hard for them to gain enough points to make the team in their audition". This was very true. In order to join the Konoha University Chess team you had to make enough points or entirely beat one of the members in a match. They hadn't had many new comers last semester.

People also got discouraged from trying out since a lot of men came to the tent just to see the beautiful and mysterious Hinata Hyuga. The team consist of Neji, Hinata, Shikamaru, Rock Lee and Sasori. Last year they had Itachi and Shisui Uchiha on their team as captains. But they graduated, and the juniors were now the faces of the squad. Neji and Sasori were the only seniors and Neji was captain next to Shikamaru.

Hinata was standing in front of the tent talking to a group freshman about the club. These kids actually seemed interested!

"We've been practicing all summer, we saw your teams videos from last year and new konce we got here we had to try out" the short haired brunette boy said.

Hinata smiled at their eagerness, "So what are your names?" She asked politely.
"I'm Konahamaru" he stated proudly.
The girl in the middle spoke next "My name is Moegi".
The boy with longer brown hair spoke shyly "Hi, I'm Udon".

Hinata smiled at the younglings then explained how the try outs work, "Okay since you guys are freshman but have played on a high school chess team you'll face me Sasori and Lee "

The matches began and the juniors were very impressed by the trio. About twenty minutes into the match, they all each managed to gain enough point against their competitor. None of them realized a crowd formed. People cheered at the new faces of the chess club. An upper clansmen stepped forward to match. He had been watching the lavender eyed beauty as she concentrated against her oponente.