16: Present Day

"Hello, stranger," Hoseok's playful tone greets you as you pick up the phone. "I feel a little hurt that your break included a break from me. Have I become that manager who doesn't shut up about work and that's why you don't call?"

"Oh, stop it," you chuckle. "But that's also your job, though - to talk to me about work to remind me that I actually still have a job and I need to earn."

"That's true. You've got appearances and photo shoots waiting for you when you get back here in 3 weeks."

Right. Three weeks, you think to yourself. Not long ago, you couldn't wait for all this to be over so you could go back to Seoul, but with how things have been with Yoongi, you just want time to stop so you could spend more days with him the way you have.

It's been a few days since you've gotten back together and you haven't really spent a day apart since then. You still see your father and grandparents and have meals with them, but days begin and end with Yoongi - your mouths on each other, your hands all over his body, his lips all over yours. It's been pleasurable for sure, but beyond the cuddles and the sex, it's the conversations and the silence that have been so affirming. You like starting and ending your days with those, too.

"___, you still there?" Hoseok asks.

"Yeah, I'm just fixing up," you say, looking for another one of your hair ties that you misplaced. You decide to just ask Yoongi for his because he definitely has an extra one. "Anyway, you called, so are you doing the friend thing by checking up on me? Or are you doing the manager thing and calling to tell me that I've got a project or something?"

"Both," he laughs. "Well, there's a request for you and Jin to be on a variety show and he said you've both dreamed of going on one so I assume that's a yes. And there's a pitch for skincare endorsement, too."

"Okay to both," you say excitedly, as you walk down the stairs. "I'm guessing filming for the show will start when I get back? And send me the details for the endorsement tonight, I'll go check it," you add.

You walk into your kitchen where Yoongi's cooking, and you gasp in excitement as you see the kimchi fried rice he's making. You hug him from the back, surprising him, but he doesn't push you away.

"Smells good," you hum, forgetting the call you're currently in, only remembering when Hoseok asks what it is that you're referring to.

"Uh, the food," you reply.

"That you cooked or...?"

"Uh," you trail, Yoongi looking at you curiously now, but you know you can't lie to your manager, even if it's by omission. So you tell him the truth.

"That Yoongi cooked," you admit.

"Excuse me, what?" Hoseok says, and you don't miss the surprise in his voice. "Yoongi is with you? As in, in your house? Why? Are you back together?"

"Uh," you stutter, choosing to take the conversation outside and then sitting on the couch that faces inside so you could see if Yoongi's finished. "Yes, we are."

"Since when?"

"The other day."

There's silence before Hoseok speaks again. "___, I told you to be careful."

"I've been!" You insist. "I mean, we don't go out much and there haven't been any photos of us, at least that I've seen. You don't have to worry; we're being careful. And even then, he's literally the most non-news worthy person I've ever dated. There's no fire you'll need to put out because there's no dirt on him."

"He's your ex-boyfriend, that's one. And as your manager, I'm still supposed to remind you that he might not want the attention," Hoseok sighs.

"I'm not that big of a celebrity, Hoseok," you reason. "I doubt people would mind."