20: Present Day

You're crying on the phone a few days later, apologetic to Yoongi because you can't make it to Daegu for the season's opening game. He's been excited for his team, saying that they're one of the favorites to win the tournament, and to be the first champion player and coach of his school would be the biggest honor, a dream he didn't think he'd have. You hate that you have to miss it.

"One of the men I was talking with during the dinner last week turned out to be a casting director," you explain. "He's been in search of an actress for this TV series with a foreign production company and he reached out to Hoseok and wants me to audition. I—"

"And why are you apologizing?" Yoongi asks. "This is an audition that could change everything for you.

"But I promised I'd watch your game."

"And you will, one day. You have to rehearse for this, ___. This is too important."

"But—"

"You know that I won't let you give something up for me, right?" He interjects. "That includes the time you need to prepare. Don't be upset. I'll tell you what happens, just promise me you'll practice well. And I'll see you when I can, okay?"

"Okay," you mumble on the other end.

You want to see him badly, but you also haven't stopped thinking about this audition. Hoseok doesn't know all the details but there have been talks of a TV series that will do filming abroad; that means it's a big budget show and something that the industry will surely hype up. You apparently caught the director's attention with your carefree yet innocent energy, like there's this joy and romanticism in you that the character embodies. You remember his question of you ever doing ballet before, and you said you took lessons from your mom who's a ballerina, and the possibility of that being part of the role excites you. You don't even know what it entails but you already know you really want it.

You enter the studio the next week, ready for what could be the biggest audition of your life. The fact that the casting director wanted you to audition before seeing any tape that Hoseok would have sent him makes you want to believe that you have a shot. The 2 scenes you're given have varying emotions that you need to express, and Jin was your mentor throughout the week as you prepared for this moment.

You're buzzing with energy right after, feeling like you truly did your best. It was quite draining, since you put so much of yourself into it. You talked to Yoongi less during the week so maybe that's why, too, but as you enjoy dinner and drinks at your apartment with Jimin, Taehyung, and Jin, you wish that your boyfriend could be here, too. They had a morning game in Heongseong so he must still be tired.

But your smile is immediate when he sends you a message.

[From: Yoongi 💕] I'm sure you did great but still, how was it?

You exchange texts throughout the evening as your friends tease you for ignoring them now, but you laugh along.

"Are there any more details about the show?" Taehyung asks. "Like what your role is or where it'll be filmed?"

"None yet, but Hoseok seems excited when he talks about it. Maybe he doesn't wanna say too much so I don't get too upset if I don't get it," you say. "Let's just hope it's a big deal if I get the role, and a cheap ass show if I don't."

"Have you thought about what'll happen to you and Yoongi if it ends up being a big deal?" Jin asks, worry painted on his face because as a fellow actor who's also done filming abroad, he knows what's expected of you and what more you have to give up.

"Not yet, I don't want to worry myself if it turns out to be nothing," you say. "We'll figure it out. We've sort of just been doing things one day, one week at a time, you know? We don't need unnecessary drama at this point."