29: Present Day

It's been almost a month since Yoongi decided to be brave and fly all the way here to be with you, as he should've done much earlier. He's glad it wasn't too late, and that you still thought it was worth it to try again, even if he thinks he doesn't deserve it. His dad drilled in his head that if he were to take the chance, he should get over the thoughts of not being worthy of your love anymore, that the only way he could love you right this time is if there were no more doubts and insecurities, if he'd just show you how he feels like he did before. And since coming here, he's done just that.

He's still not a morning person but he does wake up a tad bit early to send you off to filming for the day. He's learned your favorite restaurants and found the best shops for the ingredients he needs to prepare your dinner when you come home in time for it, but whether he's able to cook for you or not, he's always back in the apartment waiting for you, excited to hear about your day and to talk about his, too.

Yoongi has put his degree to good use, working as a freelance IT support that lets him work from anywhere, anytime. It's a good way to pass the time and to earn before you both fly back to Seoul and where he can find a more permanent job that may or may not be about basketball.

He's not in a rush. He meant what he said that the sport will always be there; the remnants of his dream convinced him, as did his former coach, that there's a place for him there, he just has to be patient. But it's time he doesn't want to dwell on. He's in Paris with you, after all, and despite the stench of some alleyways and the entirely different language that he just can't pick up despite your teaching him of the basics, he's come to enjoy the charm of the city and of the country. You've both had time to travel around, after all, and every time, he's in awe at how much you're both able to do so much now. The freedom is quite overwhelming; loving without thinking of an expiration date is liberating. He's never felt more free than he does everyday with you.

It's quite an early morning, and Yoongi is up on time to make you an omelet for breakfast before your filming in a few hours. He's been cleared to watch, as today's location will be the dance hall, unlike the other times when the space was smaller or more intimate. He'll be sitting in the audience while you shoot your scene, and being that it's the first time, he's excited and nervous, especially since it will be with Pablo, your male lead. He wonders how your chemistry would look like.

Yoongi looks up as you enter the living space in cloth shorts and his shirt, one of 4 that he brought with him from back home. He's shopped since then, but this original piece of clothing means more, and he loves seeing you in it, the thought of loving you so much overwhelming him.

He's plating your dish alongside the pastries that he'd picked up when you lean on the counter next to him, watching him work attentively.

You smile as you gaze at his nonchalant face, and you know there are so many ways to bring color to that look of his. He pops a fruit in his mouth as he garnishes your dish, your eyes following his pretty fingers and just how sexy this entire scene looks.

"How's the raspberry?" You ask, walking closer.

"Good," he replies. "Here, try some."

Ignoring the bowl that he pushes towards you, you turn his head towards you and kiss him instead, licking the taste from his mouth sensually. "Hmm, sweet," you hum in satisfaction before walking towards the balcony to check the weather outside.

Stunned at your action - it's too early, Yoongi argues to himself - he's rooted in his spot before he's able to reach for your hand before you get too far.

"Yah, you don't kiss me like that and then walk away," he whines, pulling you close to him.

"And what did you expect me to do huh?" You giggle, wrapping your arms around his neck, his mussed hair reminding you of just how good he looks in the morning.