Prance of the Peacock

...I just made a joke.

I made a joke and then inspiration slapped me in the face and I wrote this in an hour and a half. I don't even know what this is but I love it. It's AR spirit at its finest.

So... enjoy, I think?

~'0'~

It starts on a dare.

Raimon's first-years are hanging out at Tenma's house - "because your cousin makes the best snacks" - and they were bored and Kariya suggested truth or dare.

They should have stopped after Kariya dared Shinsuke use Majin the Hand to catch someone jumping form the second story window.

Alas, after the prominent scolding Aki gave them, they are once more safely in Tenma's room and Shinsuke, spitefully, looks right at Kariya when he says, "truth or dare."

And thus, they continue.

The game stays, while not mild, less life threatening and eventually it lands on Tenma.

"Dare."

"Alright," Hikaru says, thinking deeply. "I dare you to... uh... design a hissatsu from the top of your head!"

He grins sheepishly at the startled looks that gets him.

"Uh, sure," Tenma says slowly. "But I've actually been trying something new so I don't know if that counts...?"

"No, no," Kariya interferes loudly. "That'd be too easy. Make it- make it themed!"

Aoi giggles, and the boys share amused looks as Hikaru agrees, putting a hand to his chin as he thinks it through. It doesn't take him long to suddenly look up, hitting his hand with his fist. "I've got it! Use the penguin shoots as inspiration!"

Tsurugi outright laughs at that, mumbling a "good luck" to Tenma.

The brunet opens his mouth to retort but, really, he's got nothing. His friends are already starting to crack up, and he knows Kariya will start taunting him if he doesn't say anything.

Tenma has not been a soccer fanboy for his entire life to fail here. His pride won't allow it.

He knows every single penguin shoot, even has a penguin plushie somewhere in the back of his closet - although he would never admit that, not even on pain of death. Probably. He can do this.

And so he settles back, frowning as he thinks it through.

"Oh god he's really doing it," Shinsuke mumbles.

Tenma hums quietly, silent for a few more seconds. Then he slowly nods once more, looking at his friends once more, and begins. "Okay, so, you're just approaching the goal, right?"

"Right," Shinsuke says warily.

"But then there's a screech. Have you ever heard a peacock screech? It's like, uh," Tenma tries to repeat it, making a sort of aaahw sound that gets a chuckle out of all of them. "It's like that, right?"

He's actually really getting into this now. "You've got that screech, right, and then you twirl. And you throw out your arms for balance and flair!" he gets to his feet, spinning around to show what he means. "And if there's like, defenders coming to stop you, you spin until they're right in front of you and then you stop with your arms spread and there's a peacock tail that opens and knocks them away!"

Tsurugi presses a hand to his eyes, grinning helplessly. Aoi has begun giggling, holding herself as she laughs.

"And then!" Tenma stops, still in his former pose - legs and arms spread like he's trying to block a door. "Then you throw your head back!" he mimics the motion he's seen peacocks make at the zoo. "And then you shout the name of the hissatsu and there's this wind from behind you that scatters all the feathers from the peacock tail and blows them right towards the goal! Anyone trying to stop it will be blown away by it and the keeper gets blinded by all the feathers!"