Bad Hair Day

Hey guys! So this is based on a few drawings of Tenma with wet hair. Look it up on the internet, it's pretty funny XD

Anyway, this story is set a short while after Galaxy ends.

Disclaimer: don't own

Hope you enjoy!

~'0'~

''This sucks.''

The statement from Kariya attracts a few dirty looks from his teammates. ''Oh really,'' comments Midori sarcastically. ''You think we hadn't noticed yet?''

Kariya just shrugs, looking back out of the door of the soccer building. ''I am not looking forward to practice,'' he mutters.

''Neither are we,'' agrees Hayami, a sour look on his face. ''Can't we skip practice for once?'' he begs, but his coach shakes his head.

''Nope, no can do! This won't stop us!'' grins Endou and the whole soccer club groans.

Now, the cause for their current predicament...

It's raining.

Usually, a little rain wouldn't stop the Raimon Eleven from playing their favorite sport. Unfortunately, it's not a little rain – it's positively pouring. Again, usually this wouldn't stop them, since they would just use the inside field, but that's currently unavailable since somehow the crazy members of the team thought it was a good idea to use it as a battle ground for a paintball war.

But that's a story for another time.

Anyway, this means that they have to use the outside field and Endou won't let them skip practice, despite the awful weather. So, with great reluctance, the members of the soccer team make their way outside, shivering in their short-sleeved uniforms. ''I hate rain,'' complains Nishiki, shivering as a droplet of water rolls down his neck. ''Ugh, that's cold!''

His words only earn a few annoyed grumbles, everyone too caught up in their own misery to do more than that. Endou, however, is having none of it. ''Come on guys, I thought you were tougher than this. It's not even that bad – I remember how my team once had to play in a field made of mud!''

He gets a few disbelieving looks from the teenagers, but no one reacts vocally as they have reached the bench. The teens gratefully take shelter, but the boys know that they'll have to go out in the rain soon again. The managers busy themselves with preparing towels and water bottles, grateful that they will have shelter during practice.

After a few more minutes, there is no reason to delay the inevitable any longer and the rain has stopped a bit. That doesn't mean they like it, though, for the teenagers cluster together, watching the rain with clear disdain.

One look from their coach, however, and Tsurugi to step out into the rain. Seeing their ace forward stepping out from under the small roof convinces the rest of the team to follow them. So, shivering at the cold droplets of water falling from the sky, they grudgingly make their way to the field.

From there on, practice continues much like usual – they quickly pair up in order to start their warm ups and soon after they start their real training. It's clear though that the teenagers are all miserable and cold, the water damping their uniforms. Luckily it's not pouring anymore, but that doesn't change much.

Their moods lighten a bit when Endou announces they're going to have a practice match. It's not like it's all that rare for them to have one, but it's still one of the favorites in training for everyone. Training matches are always fun and competitive and the losing team often ends up with the chores of cleaning up the field once practice is done.