Table Trouble

I wrote this in like two hours and I have no regrets. This is why I shouldn't be on pinterest :'D

Enjoy y'all!

~'0'~

It's one of the rare days where soccer practice ends early, coach Endou having called several of the team's main players for a strategy meeting for their next match, and they have a few hours to kill until they should be heading home.

Hamano stretches his arms above his head with a lazy sigh, then rests them against the back of his head, and grins as he looks at his friends. It's only the six of them now, everyone else busy with team duties or hanging out at the arcade – they'd been invited to the last one, but had decided on getting food first before meeting up with the rest.

Which is why they're just outside a fast food place, ready to go in.

Or, they would be, if Kurama wasn't currently in a call with Kirino.

The defender is one of the players left in the discussion with their coach and apparently needed Kurama's opinion on something, and the forward's phone went off just before they'd had the chance to get inside. Good thing, too, because the noise coming from inside is heard even out here.

But it's starting to take a while, and Hamano can feel himself getting restless. Nishiki next to him seems to be bored too, if his mindless scrolling through his phone is any indication.

They're arguably the worst, Kurumada and Amagi still waiting more-or-less patiently and Hayami having been distracted by next door's book shop, curiously looking through the window.

Hamano scrapes the sole of his shoe over the sidewalk in boredom, wondering how much longer they're supposed to wait. He was promised food and games, dammit! He's hungry!

Dark eyes glare at him suddenly and he gulps.

''One sec, Kirino,'' Kurama says into the receiver, then he turns back to Hamano. His annoyance is clear. ''If you're just gonna make noise, go ahead and get us a table instead.'' Without waiting for an answer, he's focusing on his phone again.

Hamano pauses.

Well.

At least he'll have something to do, right? So he shrugs and glances at the others, who mostly ignore him except for Kurumada, who waves at him to go ahead.

''I'm coming too,'' Nishiki says suddenly, stuffing his phone in his pocket again, and pulls Hamano with him before anything else can be said – not that their friends seem to notice, anyway.

Hamano's about to ask what made the other midfielder so interested in joining him – because, okay, maybe he was bored, but he also had his phone (which is much more interesting if you ask Hamano, who may or may not be the tiniest bit salty because he forgot to charge his own phone last night) – but instantly stops when he catches sight of Nishiki's expression.

Because he knows that grin.

He can feel a similar one growing on his own face, because honestly? That's the look that spells trouble, and if there's anything he's always ready for, it's to have fun.

~'0'~

Kurama lowers his phone, ending the call as he does so, and turns back to the others. ''Alright, that's done,'' he says, and he's honestly glad for it. He doesn't mind helping the other guys, but he's also pretty much starving and totally up for some cheap soggy fries, so the disruption didn't come at a good time. He's about to suggest they finally go in, when he does an automatic headcount. ''Where are Nishiki and Hamano?''