Of Distractions and Soda Bottles

The newest one-shot in the Accidental Reverse universe! More chaos~

This one's set a few months before Accidental Reverse starts. So basically three years after the series, so they're all in High School by now~

Disclaimer: don't own, the usual, etc.

Well, enjoy~!

~'0'~

''We need a distraction.''

Everyone at the lunch table looks at Kurama when he suddenly says this. Seeing as the forward doesn't seem to notice their confusion, Shindou raises an eyebrow. ''Why?''

The tanned teen grins in a way that promises chaos. The more mature members of their club immediately grow cautious, while the eyes of the more mischievous ones start to sparkle in anticipation. ''What would you say if I told you that I might or might not have overheard the tennis club talking about an assault on us?''

This catches the attention of everyone, even the more sensible players. ''Details,'' orders Shindou as his eyes narrow.

Kurama shrugs, a satisfied smile on his face. ''You know they hate us for stealing the spot of 'best club' for two years already and they're pissed because a week or so ago, someone threw a stone through the window of their clubroom at night. They blamed us for that, remember?'' at the nods he receives, the forward continues. ''So now, since we're not admitting it, they want to force us and make us pay. I don't know the details but apparently this kid brought pink paintballs to school. The tennis guys are spread all over the cafeteria and will start their 'attack' at twelve o'clock straight.''

At that his friends look at the large clock hanging where it can be seen from everywhere in the cafeteria, which reads 11:58. Two minutes before the tennis club will start their revenge.

''So you want to create a distraction big enough for their plans to fall into chaos,'' concludes Ichino. ''Why didn't you tell us earlier?''

Kurama rolls his eyes and gestures to Sangoku. ''Because Mr. Responsible Guy would've made us all sit somewhere else or something, while now we can have some fun.'' The others nod in understanding, devious smiles forming on their faces while Sangoku sighs.

''Legit,'' mutters Taiyou.

''I should tell you not to do anything,'' mumbles Sangoku, ''but the tennis club has been really annoying lately and I'm not feeling like walking around covered in pink paint. As long as we don't get into trouble, I'll let you create a 'distraction' as long as it's reasonable!'' he adds the last part quickly once he sees the grins on his friends' faces.

''Guys, we have less than a minute and a half left before the assault starts,'' warns Kariya with a look at the clock. He turns back to his friends, a devious smile on his face. ''Think of a distraction soon or we will look like pink flamingos for the rest of the day.''

They all fall into silence, trying to come up with a 'reasonable' distraction that can be carried out in the span of a minute.

''Hurry up! I can see some suspicious guys coming our way!'' hisses Midori as she casts a glance around. She's right, for about six guys are walking in the direction of their table and the soccer club can spot some other faces of the tennis players sitting at other tables close to theirs.

''Well, I don't have any ideas!'' says Fei, slightly nervous. He's probably regretting the fact that he came to visit his friends and stayed with them during school hours today, considering their current situation.

One look at the clock tells the group they only have about twenty seconds left. Not having come up with anything yet, they share some nervous looks.