chapter 30

delia finally made it to the ducks and canucks game. she has been dealing with the repercussions of last night. she wasn't sure how alex and trevor got ahold of her phone but it sent her followers into a frenzy. not because of them though. it was because fans were able to piece together that she had been hanging out with quinn, the brother of her ex boyfriend. she was certain that if quinn had been luke that this would not have been as big of a deal. unfortunately, quinn was not luke.

she was sitting by herself as emery was busy in the studio, trying to finish her upcoming album. delia was closer to the ice than she usually did when she saw jack play. jamie and trevor wanted her to have good seats and be able to keep an eye on her since she was by herself. delia had tried telling them that she would be fine anywhere but they were persistent. even quinn had taken their side and said she needed to be close to the glass. there was no use going against them as it was 3-1.

delia was scrolling through her phone as the guys were warming up for the game. she was about to open instagram when luke's name popped up on the top of her screen. she furrowed her eyebrows and clicked the green accept button. "hey, luke! what's up?" she asked in confusion.

"you hung out with quinn and didn't even think to invite me!" luke shouted.

delia chuckled, "if you weren't stuck in michigan, you totally would have been invited! is someone jealous?"

"of course i'm jealous! i thought i was your favorite hughes!" luke cried out. delia really has missed luke a lot even though they hardly knew each other beforehand. he was like the younger brother she never had. it was refreshing. 

"sorry to disappoint you luke, but ellen is my favorite hughes," delia stated. 

luke nodded his head and replied, "you know what, i can respect that. am i at least your favorite hughes brother?" 

she rolled her eyes at the boy, "yes, luke, you're my favorite hughes brother! just don't tell jack or quinn i said that. it might start a war." 

luke started celebrating on the other side of the screen. he had a grin on his face and was saying, "i knew it!" several times. she couldn't help but laugh at him. she was really hoping that all would end well between her and jack. they had told each other that they would remain friends, but they hadn't really talked to each other since that instagram statement. delia has talked to quinn way more than jack and now that can be applied to luke. 

delia looked up from her phone and saw that quinn was trying to get her attention by banging his stick on the glass. she sighed, "as much as i love talking to you, i need to go watch your brother play hockey. but please keep in touch with me and i promise we will hang out soon! does that sound okay?"

"a thousand times yes! will do! talk to you later, delia!" luke waved goodbye. 

she ended the facetime and made her way down to quinn, which didn't take too long. once she was against the glass, quinn asked her, "what's got you on smiley and laughing?"

delia chose her words wisely and grinned, "your brother."

quinn's face dropped at the sound of those words. his mind immediately went to jack and that caused him to think about the two of them getting back together. he questioned her, "you were talking to jack?"

"no! your other brother, luke! you know the adorable one," delia explained. quinn's face was priceless and she was trying to hold in her laughter.

quinn looked offended, "am i not adorable?" that was not the response delia was expecting. 

delia, not meaning to, flirted, "i wouldn't say adorable quite suits you." quinn raised his eyebrows and replied, "oh, how would you describe me then?" at the moment, elias started yelling at quinn to get back towards their bench. he yelled back at him and told him he would be there soon. 

"i guess, you'll have to find out after the game," delia winked. she could have sworn that she saw quinn's cheeks start to turn red. 

quinn said, "i'll be waiting." he turned around and skated towards his bench. delia made her way back to her seat and settled there. she had replayed the interaction with quinn in her head and saw the grave mistake she had just made. delia had just flirted with her ex boyfriend's older brother. to make matter worse, she didn't feel guilty about it at all.