01 | 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞

CHAPTER ONEa familiar face

CHAPTER ONE
a familiar face.

⋆.ೃ࿔*

𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐒, 𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀
𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟓

       LIFE WASN'T WORKING OUT for Emmy. She hated just about everything. She hated her mother for not understanding her. She hated her father for abandoning her the way he did. And most importantly, she hated herself.

    The past eight months have been the absolute worst. Better days have yet to arrive and it's not like she's the most optimistic person that you'll meet. She's alone. She's scared. And she doesn't know what the hell to do about it.

    At first, she found ways to cope. Drugs. Alcohol. You name it. Emmy was spiraling. Her mother already lost her husband. She refused to lose her daughter too. So, what was the possible solution to Emmy's problem? Well, it was either Emmy went to rehab to receive the help that she desperately needed, or she moves back to Hawkins to live with her aunt (also known as her mother's twin). It's not like Emmy had a choice. Both options were awful, and the last thing she wanted to thing was to be away at some rehab center with total strangers.

    Without giving it much thought, Emmy made the decision on coming back to the one place where everything felt normal: Hawkins, Indiana. In fact, there was nothing normal about this town. Emmy didn't know that though.

    It's only been a few years since she last stepped foot into her old hometown. What could really go wrong? 

●・○・●・○・●

       IT'S ONLY BEEN A WEEK, and Emmy is finally leaving her house. This is all thanks to Alexis, who was tired of witnessing her niece wasting away her life. It was Summer. The weather was great, and it was a perfect excuse to do teenager things. So why wasn't Emmy taking advantage of that?

Alexis knows all about the things Emmy went through when she lived in New York. It was actually her idea to become the guardian of her niece, just to provide her with a new change of scenery. When Emmy first arrived, she was rather silent. She only interacted with her aunt and cousin when it was time for dinner. Now, things are a little bit better. She's leaving her room more. As of yesterday, Alexis heard her laugh for the first time! Alexis was thrilled. The progress was little, but it was still being made and that's all that matters.