03 | 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞, 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧?

CHAPTER THREE,are you asking me on a date, harrington?

CHAPTER THREE,
are you asking me on a date, harrington?

⋆.ೃ࿔*

         THE HAWKINS COMMUNITY POOL WAS CROWDED, as Emmy expected. She only decided to visit the pool out of complete boredom. Her day was rather interesting. First, she visited Hawkins High with her aunt Alexis, to enroll her for the following school year. Seeing as though she was a past student at the institution, it wasn't a long process. All she needed was her transcript from her old high school.

Alexis had one request for her niece for the upcoming school year. No, it doesn't involve getting good grades because that's already mandatory. Emmy is required to meet with the school's counselor at least twice a week. As expected, Emmy reacted negatively, saying to Alexis, "I don't need to talk to anyone! I'm not crazy!" Contrary to popular belief, counseling isn't for crazy people. With all the trauma that Emmy has endured, the most ideal option is for her to seek the necessary help. The only thing Alexis cares about is Emmy's emotional well-being. Who knows, maybe this is what she needs. There's no harm in trying, right?

After their debate was over, Emmy took Alexis to work, since Emmy was going to have the car for the day. Alexis insisted that Emmy drives the car whenever she wishes. That is when the Dawson girl tried to plan out the rest of her day. Well, at least some of it. Emmy needed a distraction and at this point, she didn't care what it was. Just the thought of opening up to a complete stranger about her personal struggles makes her want to vomit. Yet, deep down Emmy knows that Alexis is supplying her with the care and support that she always lacked from an older woman. Her aunt's actions are loving...but they are also new. It's going to take some time for her to get used to it. Sad to say, the only additional person that provided her with love was her dad. And now he's gone, so there's that.

Once her mind became clear, Emmy made a short stop to The Starcourt Mall, to try and find a bathing suit. Of course, entering the mall made her think of Steve. She wanted to stop by and say something to him. What would she say though?

      Engaging in conversations with boys was always weird to her. Overall, boys are so complex. When it comes on to feelings and emotions, she instantly shuts down. Emmy swore off relationships as of last year, when things didn't work out between her and the guy she was dating. But Steve wasn't just some regular guy...she wouldn't dare classify him with everyone else. And it's not like she saw the possibility of them dating in the near future. No. They are just friends. It will never be anything more.

After she left the mall, she headed to the bookstore. Who reads during the summer? Let's just say, it's not like she has a choice. She's bored almost all of the time, plus, she doesn't have anybody to hang out with. She needs to find something to keep her occupied during the days.