02 | 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬! 𝐮𝐠𝐡!

CHAPTER TWO,feelings! ugh!

CHAPTER TWO,
feelings! ugh!

⋆.ೃ࿔*

            EMMY AND STEVE WALKED SIDE BY SIDE. They were walking at the perfect pacenot too fast, not too slow. It turned out that visiting The Starcourt Mall wasn't such a bad idea. If it was up to Emmy, she would've spent the entire day, listening to Diana Ross on repeat. And if she got bored, she would just play her guitar.

      Steve didn't want to waste any time, seeing as though he would be needed back at work momentarily. So, he spoke up first. "I still can't believe you're here. I mean, look at you," He gestures towards her with his hand. "You look so different. In a good way, of course."

      Emmy hums. "You don't look so bad yourself." Steve wasn't ugly when they were younger, but he surely grew up to become remarkably handsome. She knows for a fact that getting girls is never an issue for him.

      Steve replies, "I never expected you to actually get tattoos. And based on what I can see, you have so much." Now, this is what amazed him. If only Steve knew that Emmy's mom, Amara, was furious every time Emmy came home with a new addition to her tattoo collection.

      Emmy was currently wearing a simple outfit: a crop top and a pair of jeans shorts. Her arms were on full display, showing all the random tattoos that she had gotten throughout the past two years. She's also got some ink on other various body parts.

    Steve raised a question. "Do any of your tattoos have any meanings?"

    "No. I got them because they look cool."

     At her basic response, Steve chuckled. "Oh, trust me, Emmy D. You've always been cool to me." Emmy's lips turn into a soft smile at the mention of Steve's old nickname that he gave her. They weren't heading to any specific location, but they did find themselves in front of the fountain that was located in the mall. Other individuals were around them, clearly lost in their own conversations.

     Steve then turns his body to face her. He kind of towered over her, seeing as though she was on the short side. He chuckles to himself. She's hasn't grown that much since they were kids. "How's life been for you?"

    Immediately, Emmy knew that she had to lie. Her life has been awful. "My life's been great, actually." Telling him the truth about all of the madness that's been happening to her wasn't an option. His question is similar to a next question that she is often asked by people, which is: 'Are you okay?' And even though she isn't, she tells them, 'Yes. I am okay.'