chapter three

chapter three

john healed relatively quickly, his bruises and bumps lingering on his skin, but not for too long.

They knew now that whoever their tormenter was, he wouldn't stop at scares.

He was turning more violent and he was done just attacking marlena, but now he was targeting john as well.

It was becoming more personal, more painful, and more deadly.

Yet try as he might, john was no closer to discovering the identity of the guy then he was before he had gotten beaten up on the docks.

Bo had of course chastised john

for going off to a meeting like that, followed by a stern scolding from marlena.

john knew that what he did was stupid, but he was just so tired of marlena living her life in constant fear.

"And what are you looking at?,

marlena asked she opening one eye to look at john one morning as he stared at her.

"You. And our baby, I can't believe how gorgeous you look with Jack inside of you, john said breathlessly.

"And I can't believe how gorgeous you look without two big shiners.

marlena told her husband as she gently running her fingers over the still slightly tender flesh around his eyes.

"I'm healing marlrna and pretty quickly too, john assured her.

john, you have no idea how scared

I was, I understand your desire to protect me and Jack, really, I do,

But next time, try not sacrificing yourself, Just give it a go, marlena  told him.

"I promise to keep that in mind for next time, john assured marlena before kissing her.

"I just don't know what I'd do if something happened to you" she confessed tearfully.

"Nothing is ever going to happen to me, don't worry.

I promise you that I will keep myself safe too, Ok?, john asked marlena

as he lovingly wiped away her tears.

"Ok, marlena  answered as she allowed john to finish wiping away her tears.

So, other than laying in bed all day, what do you wanna do?, marlena  asked her husband.

"Hmm, I like that bed idea, john

said as he started to kiss her.

"I did say other  than bed, Use those ears you have Mr. Black, marlena  said as she started to lightly suck on one.

john moaned in pleasure and tried to pull marlena back when she attempted to pull away.

"What are you doing to me?, john  asked her throatily.