Chapter 2

Gerard's P.O.V.

The doorbell rang. It was either Shannon or Mikey. Or both. I silently bed myself it was both. I ran to the door and swung it open, Mikey and Shannon standing there looking at me like I was crazy. I pumped my fist with a quiet "Yes."

"Hey, come on in. Kayla's still getting ready."

"You wanna explain?" Mikey said.

"Explain what?" I asked.

"Never mind. How long until she's ready?" Shannon asked, walking to the couch and dropping down. Mikey sat beside her and put an arm around her.

"She should be five minutes at the most."

"No, she won't," Kayla said, walking down the stairs. "I'm ready."

"No you're not," I said.

"The fuck do you mean I'm not?!" she got defensive very quickly.

"Go get your eyeliner and a makeup wipe."

"Um, okay?" She turned around and went back to her room. A couple of moments later she returned with her eyeliner and a makeup wipe. "What do you need this for?"

I pulled two chairs from the kitchen table and sat them facing each other. "Sit down."

"Are you fucking kidding me? What do you think you're doing?" she said.

"Not letting you go out looking like Melissa, that's what I'm doing." I patted the chair sitting in front of me.

She sighed and sat down in front of me. "Who's Melissa?" Shannon asked.

As I wiped the eyeliner off Kayla's eyes, I raised my eyebrows, giving Kayla a look asking if she wanted me to tell them. "I'll do it," she whispered.

I pulled her face closer to mine and opened the eyeliner. I put the cap in my mouth and began working on her eyes. "Melissa is Jeff's mistress."

"What?!" Mikey said. "But, he's married to your mom!"

"Yeah," Shannon said. "That's what mistress means. How old is Melissa?"

Kayla was quiet, and looked at me in a quizzical yet distressed manner. "23." My jaw dropped and the cap to the eyeliner dropped in my lap. Kayla picked it up and gave it back to me.

"No fucking way! Isn't Jeff 46?" Shannon said.

"She's literally half his age," Mikey stated.

"Oh good God, please tell me your mother is divorcing him," I said through the eyeliner cap. "Look up." She looked at the ceiling and I put a somewhat thick line on her lower lash line.

"I already told you, she loves him. If she could just look past that pretty face, she would see how bad a guy he is," she said.

"Wait," Mikey said. "What do you mean 'pretty face'?"

"I know he's a huge shithead, but he's actually not a bad looking guy. He looks pretty good for his age."

"Alright, and, I'm done," I said. I put the cap on the eyeliner and held Kayla's phone up to her face. "Good?"

"Holy shit, you did better than me!"

"What the hell Gerard?" Mikey asked.

"I know, I know. You don't have to tell me. I'm amazing," I grinned.

"It's... perfect," Kayla said, her mouth was hanging open.

"Alright, is everyone ready now?" I said.