II Tornado - Part 8 - Once Upon A Dream

Aaron waited for Sage until late in the evening before giving up and going to bed. The next morning, he was shocked to see Sage show up at breakfast with his one-night stand. She sat on Sage's legs and kept stroking him. Aaron found her behaviour inappropriate. She was really quite vulgar. He didn't understand why Sage let her do it. How could he not be disgusted by the touch of someone other than his mate? Plus they were right in front of Mara and Sage glared at her several times. Aaron was disappointed in his best friend's stupidity. Very little, to prove to her that he was the mate she deserved. When the one-night stand got up to freshen up, Sam teased Mara that she wasn't what his brother needed. To which Sage laughed and Orion scolded.

Mara got up and came to take the place the girl had occupied on Sage's legs a few seconds earlier. She began to caress his chest and kiss his jaw and move down his neck while moaning softly. She straightened up, touching his abs.

Looking him straight in the eye, she whispered in a soft, gentle voice, "Is it truly what you want, Sage? That I act like a cheap whore? That I play the pussy in heat like I've had to do so many times? Would you like that?"

She licked his glottis making him swallow loudly, "Oh yes you would like that... I can be like that but it would never be true or real. It would all be a lie. To lie to you would mean I consider you equal to all those men who abused my body. So tell me, are you like them, Sage? "

Aaron was speechless, like everyone else in the kitchen. Her frivolous demeanor and happy, sexy voice were totally at odds with her words, making the situation gloomy. He was in a cold sweat. Sage was totally frozen but you could see the horror in the lines on his face.

Mara turned her head to Orion and said, "Let's go!"

Getting up from Sage's legs she asked Alpha Sloan if everything was ready. To which he nodded, unable to speak.

Once he had regained his wits, Sage politely dismissed his one-night stand and went to shower, then looked for Aaron. Not finding him, he contacted him via the mindlink.

"Where are you?"

"Why? Aren't you too busy with your bimbo?" Aaron snapped, disapproval evident in his tone.

"I know I messed up! You don't have to say it." Sage shot back.

"We're on our way to the prison."

"Who's "We"?"

"I waited for you last night to tell you but you never came... Mara decided to change Niels' cell. She is taking him out of solitary confinement."

"This is a joke! You can't be serious!"

"Unfortunately I am. And that's not all, she's over-serving his transfer herself."

"Wait for me." Sage ordered him.

"Too late. We just arrived in the control room. We're monitoring through video surveillance."

Fuck! Sage thought. He shifted to get there as quickly as possible. He joined his father, his two Betas in the control room where he was surprised to see Orion and a vampire he didn't know.

"Who is with Mara if Orion is here?" Sage asked worriedly, through the mindlink to Aaron.

"Shaun and David." His Beta replied without taking his eyes off the surveillance screens.

Sage hurriedly mindlinked them, warning them that if anything happened to Mara, they would be removed from their positions and punished severely.

When two guards appeared in front of Niels' cell, he knew immediately that something was not normal. His suspicions were confirmed when one of the guards opened the door and asked him to turn around so that he could handcuff him. It was the first time anyone had spoken to him since he had been put in solitary confinement, the people who brought him his meals were completely veiled and did not speak to him. Was this all real?

"What's going on?" He asked, his hoarse voice. Had Sage changed his mind and gone to have him executed. It was the only logical explanation.

"Your isolation is over. You're changing cells. Now turn back!" The guard said to him.

Niels did not budge and claimed, "That's impossible! Sage will never allow it! "

The guard punched him: "Stop talking back and do as you're told."

"Stop lying. I want to know what is going on. The only reason for Sage to let me out would be to kill me!" Niels shot back.

"You're right. He didn't order it, I did." Mara stated, coming out of the darkness that surrounded her. Niels didn't even realize that there was another presence lurking in the shadows.

"It can't be! I must be hallucinating!" Niels murmured, his eyes wide.

"No, I'm right here." Mara replied in her usual detached tone.

"You may hide your body under those long, loose clothes, but I only have to close my eyes to see how exquisite you are. Goddess, you're as gorgeous as I remember!" Niels stated, approaching her. His hand lifted to her face but before he could touch her a guard stopped him.

It was true that since her return, Mara had been hiding behind loose clothing and the only skin that was showing was on her face and hands.

"Your eyes are different though." Niels commented observing her face in detail. The first face he had seen in so long was hers, how ironic!

"Consequence of my jump." Mara explained to him.

"Why are you taking me out of seclusion?" Niels asked, not understanding her motives.

"Because no one deserves to be treated like this, not even you."

"How kind!" He said sarcastically.

"Did you miss me that much?" He taunted her.

"Not in the least." She said.

"Well, you have no idea how I missed you." He commented.

"Good for you."

"I've been thinking about you so much. Your perfect body. Your screams, the helplessness in your eyes, your mouth on me... Mmm, that was so good!" Niels closed his eyes, remembering.

"You never occupied my thoughts like that."

"Come on Mara! We had a great time together, you can't deny it!" Niels challenged her.

"You were a lousy partner like all the others."

"You can't expect me to believe that you never came."

"My pleasure and my orgasms belong to me or to my mate and to him alone. That something nobody can take away from him." Mara declared.

"I see... And is the mate of yours enjoying your body? How does he feel about the fact that I helped you become a perfect sex doll? Your mouth is exceptional." He provoked her again.

As usual, Mara remained unfazed. Sage and Orion, however, were not. They were shaking with rage in the control room. Since Orion's escape, the system had been perfected to have sound as well as image. Orion's claws had pierced the skin inside his closed fists, and Aaron understood why he hadn't felt able to accompany Mara. He would have lost control of his wolf. The Vampire who had introduced himself as Dr. Jansen, placed his hands firmly on Orion's shoulders and told him to trust Mara, that he knew why she was doing this.

"Your point?" Mara asked him, indifferent.

"I'm a monster Mara! You can't save me! I don't want your pity or your kindness!"

"We all have our dark side Niels, it's how we handle it that defines who we become."

"I loved every minute of torturing and raping you Mara and yet I knew it was wrong. I would never fucking share you with Sage, you belonged to me!" He stated.

"What about Violet?" Mara challenged him.

He looked down and clenched his jaw.

"That's what I thought. I don't want to save you even though I know someone who could help you if you really wanted to be helped. And I don't pity you either, why would I? I'm not doing this out of kindness, but out of respect for the human race and life, not for you. "She added and he scoffed.

"Let's go." Mara ordered the guards.