Chapter Ten

As the pain surged through me again, a primal, guttural scream escaped my lips. I was surrounded by the sterile stone walls of my chamber in the Red Keep, a stark contrast to the warm, lively celebrations that seemed like only yesterday. Between each wave of agony, I could barely catch my breath, but one thought was clear amidst the chaos: I needed Aemond.

"Aemond!" I cried out once more, my voice echoing against the cold, unforgiving stones. Outside, I could hear the shuffle of feet and the murmur of voices, but no one heeded my call to let him in.

Princess Rhaenys, my mother, held my hand tightly, trying to offer what comfort she could, her face etched with concern. Beside her, Queen Alicent stood regal yet empathetic, murmuring words of encouragement. "You're strong, Lyanna. You can do this," she assured me, but her voice seemed to come from far away.

Genevieve, my handmaiden and loyal friend, a wise woman with years of experience, directed the maids as they prepared everything needed for the birth. Her calm demeanor was a small comfort, but it did little to soothe my growing fear and frustration.

"Please, let him in. I need him here," I pleaded again, my voice hoarse.

Genevieve glanced towards the door, her expression sympathetic yet resolute. "Your Grace, the tradition dictates that the birthing room is no place for men. It's for your own safety and focus," The Maesters explained gently.

But tradition was the last thing on my mind. Aemond and I had faced dragons together; surely, we could face this as well.

Suddenly, the door burst open, and Aemond strode in, his face a mask of worry and defiance. The room fell silent, all eyes turning towards him as he ignored the shocked expressions of the maesters and handmaids.

"I don't care about traditions. My wife needs me, and I will not be kept from her side," Aemond declared firmly, his voice echoing with a command that even the oldest of traditions couldn't deny.

Rhaenys gave a slight nod, a silent agreement to his presence, while Alicent sighed, resigning herself to the break in protocol.

Aemond came to my side, taking my hand in his, his touch bringing an immediate sense of relief. "I'm here, Lyanna. I'm not going anywhere," he whispered, his eyes locking with mine.

With Aemond beside me, his presence grounding me, I felt a renewed surge of strength. The pain was still overwhelming, but now mixed with a potent blend of love and determination.

As the maester examined the situation, his face grew grave. "Your grace, I fear the child is not descending as they should. We may need to consider more direct intervention—a surgical delivery."

The suggestion hung in the air, heavy and ominous. Aemond's face turned thunderous. "If you even think of bringing a blade near her, I will end you myself," he snarled, his dagger suddenly at the maester's throat.

"Aemond, sheathe your weapon!" Queen Alicent commanded sharply, her voice cutting through the tense atmosphere. "We solve nothing with threats."

Amidst the rising panic, another contraction gripped me, wrenching a scream from deep within. "I can't... I can't do this!" I cried out, the pain overwhelming.

Genevieve leaned close, her voice steady and reassuring. "Lyanna, you have birthed two strong children before. You have the strength of the sea in you, my lady. Focus that strength now."

My mother, Princess Rhaenys, added her calm assurance. "Breathe, my daughter. You are made of tougher storms than this."

Inspired by their faith in me, I gathered every shred of willpower. Gritting my teeth, I bore down with all my might, following their rhythmic instructions. "That's it, Lyanna, just like that," encouraged Genevieve, as she supported my efforts.

The room was filled with my strained cries, and then, suddenly, a different sound pierced the air—the sharp, vital cry of a newborn. Relief washed over me as the tension broke.

The maester, dagger no longer at his throat, quickly moved to clear the baby's airways and wrap her in a soft cloth. "It's a girl," he announced, his voice a mixture of relief and professional pride.

Aemond, his anger evaporated, dropped the dagger and rushed to my side, eyes wide with wonder and joy. He looked down at our daughter, then at me, a look of awe softening his features. "You did it, Lyanna. She's beautiful."

As the storm outside seemed to echo the tumult of the last hours, inside, the room warmed with the glow of new life. Our daughter, her cries now soft whimpers, was the perfect blend of the storm and calm that had heralded her arrival. Together, we looked at her, our hearts full, knowing that this tiny, fierce girl had already proven she was every bit as strong as the lineage from which she came.

As the gentle warmth of our newborn girl filled the air, I turned to Aemond, my voice still weak yet filled with sudden curiosity. "Where are the children?" I asked, my thoughts drifting to our other little ones.

"They are in Helena's chamber with Dyana," Aemond replied, his tone softening as he spoke of the shared handmaiden. Dyana has been a steadfast presence, a bridge of friendship between our houses, always ensuring our children are cared for with the love of both families.

"And Aegon?" I asked more softly, unable to mask the undertone of concern. Aemond and I shared a knowing look, our thoughts unspoken but clear. Though I refrained from voicing it aloud, my thoughts scorned Aegon's indulgences at the Streets of Silk, his honor diminishing with each reckless escapade.

Before Aemond could reply, Queen Alicent, who had been a quiet strength in the corner of the room, interjected gently, her curiosity piqued by our newborn. "What name have you chosen for this babe?"

I smiled, feeling a wave of emotion as I looked down at our daughter. "Her name is Laena, after my sweet sister," I announced, the name bringing with it memories and honor. "She carries the legacy of a valiant heart and a fierce spirit."

Princess Rhaenys approached, her expression softening as she kissed my forehead. "Thank you, Lyanna," she whispered, gratitude evident in her voice. "Honoring Laena's memory in such a manner warms the old wounds with a tender balm."

Aemond took my hand, squeezing it gently. "She will be as strong and as admired as her namesake," he assured me, his voice firm yet gentle

AN

just a filler chapter 

in the span of 4 years she has had 3 children...aemond leave the girl alone. what do you think the other two names are or what gender 👀